Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just wanted to post my experience with a custom tune vs. a budget tune. I originally bought a budget tune for both E47 and gas, and while they were good, the custom tune with HPTuners and Term2 is really another animal.

I'm working with Term2 and he has been so responsive and helpful through all revisions and even helped troubleshoot some potential hardware issues. You get the opportunity to really suit the tune to your driving style via boost levels, throttle response, etc. Plus, when you add new hardware, you get to revise the tune without extra cost (i.e: we've been working on timing again with addition of a Hahn intercooler to my car).

Oh; and if you're wondering about adding an intercooler - see below. My IAT deltas on a 0-70 run are 2º! From 75º (basically ambient) to 77º.

I'll have it on the dyno with E47 tune hopefully next month. Thanks to you all for the continued info and help with this platform!

·
Registered
60 Posts
How do I get a hold of term 2?

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Just a quick reminder regarding non-supporting vendors.

The Forum does not prohibit occasional and casual mention of non-supporting vendors. But those mentions cannot be so specific that they include addresses, phone numbers, sales contact names, e-mail addresses, URLs or links. And if the "casual" references become frequent, they will be considered as marketing and promotion.
I'm not implying this has happened, merely a reminder with regard to what can and cannont be mentioned.

Many members have used non-supporting vendors for various products. Discussions on their satisfaction with the product are allowed as long as it doesn't turn into something that may appear to be 'advertising'.

Again, this is just a reminder and not a issue with this current thread.

Thank you ....MomsSol

·
Registered
271 Posts
^I find it interesting that you point out this post, but I have seen a fair amount of trifecta tuning posts go unscrutinized and I don't see them listed as a supporting vendor either...

OP, I'm tuned by Term2 as well. He definitely knows his stuff. It was a pretty big improvement over the dyno tune I was running before.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
^I find it interesting that you point out this post, but I have seen a fair amount of trifecta tuning posts go unscrutinized and I don't see them listed as a supporting vendor either...

OP, I'm tuned by Term2 as well. He definitely knows his stuff. It was a pretty big improvement over the dyno tune I was running before.
The moderation team ( only 2 of us) do not have the time to read every single thread or post. This one was reported by a concerned forum member and that is why I posted the reminder.

As aforementioned, as long as site links, phone numbers, direct contact methods are not posted most of these posts are only members sharing their experience.

If you ever think a post is questionable, please use the report post button found on the lower left of the post.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
The amount of moderation here is getting a bit sad.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
The amount of moderation here is getting a bit sad.
Nothing was moderated here, just a friendly reminder posted.

This forum is 99% member moderated and since it was a reported post by a member, I felt a reminder was in order...that's all.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
DDM sells the trifecta tunes and he is a supporting vendor.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
And Term2 (David). I believe his name is, is not a supporting member, or vendor.

Hence why I reported it.

If he wishes to make money off the members of this forum, then why shouldn't he also support this forum.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Seems as though someone feels threatened....or wasn't given a participation award.
Free market society where we can post discussions on non supporting vendors` products or service yet someone has to...............
Term2- keep up the good work, thanks for helping with this platform. Please PM me for info.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Here's my thought on this whole supporting vendor, non supporting vendor thing. I try to support the supporting vendors as much as possible. They are the first companies I look at when looking for parts. I would understand moderating being necessary if there was a thread about buying a trifecta tune from someone other than DDM because they sell trifecta. When I was deciding how I wanted to be tuned, I compared a dyno tune, trifecta, and hp tuners. I choose hp tuners and no supporting vendors here offer that. From the looks of it, a lot of people are in the same boat. We made our decision and aren't going to change it just because no supporting vendors here offer it, so why moderate our discussions about it? That just prevents a lot of valuable discussion about this avenue of tuning.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Pwerks offers tunes via HPT.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
And Term2 (David). I believe his name is, is not a supporting member, or vendor.

Hence why I reported it.

If he wishes to make money off the members of this forum, then why shouldn't he also support this forum.

Can't we all just get along????

·
Premium Member
961 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Pwerks offers tunes via HPT.
Only if you send your ECM to them, if you go there for a dyno tune, or if you buy the whole tuning setup from them. I already had HP tuners from a previous car, so none of that is what I was looking to do. For some people that might be just what they are looking for, but for me it was not.

I can see that you will not be swayed. Momsol stated that none of this is in violation. Anyone that reads this thread and is left wondering, is just going to do what everyone else does and google their question. When they see the dozens of threads about this topic all over the internet, they'll click on those sites looking for answers instead of this one, further drawing money away from this site. :nopity:

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
They offer tunes the same way term2 does...

But, whatever...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
DDM and PWERKS offered their tune via HPT. You do need logs if you are doing it remotely to get the best out of the tune, otherwise you need to send your ECM
DDM also offers the Trifecta tune as mentioned on my previous post

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Anyone who remotely tunes needs to see logs while tuning.

Unless of course your just getting a canned tune.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts