Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The way I would look at it is at this point for roughly 2 grand more you are getting a car with half the mileage and some nice add ons again the big issue here is the maintenance preformed on the car .Another thing that you may want to take into consideration is you live in Florida and a black car in a warm climate is like an oven at times just something to think about especially if you don't have a garage or car port .

Yeah I'm planning on parking it in the garage. It also won't be an everyday car. I will ask for a carfax report see if there is a maintenance report on it. The airbag sensor on passenger seat has already been fixed.

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
How do you know the black one or for that matter the yellow one does not have a tune?
If you have driven both try at least on 3rd gear to see what the dic says (PSI) when you press the accelerator pedal, any thing above 20 and you have a tune.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How do you know the black one or for that matter the yellow one does not have a tune?

If you have driven both try at least on 3rd gear to see what the dic says (PSI) when you press the accelerator pedal, any thing above 20 and you have a tune.

Thank you. I'm actually about to check right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
From what I can see it appears OEM. BTW, if the owner still has the OEM wheels I'd ask they be included w/the sale of the car.

If it had the GMPP tune, you'd be able to see the blue sensors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
From what I can see it appears OEM. BTW, if the owner still has the OEM wheels I'd ask they be included w/the sale of the car.

If it had the GMPP tune, you'd be able to see the blue sensors.

Sweet. Yeah I just pulled a carfax. He's the 2nd owner and only put 3K miles in 1.5 years. No he doesn't have stock wheels. He said those wheels were an upgrade they did at the dealer from what the 1st owner told him. Not so sure about that. Anyways I'm probly getting the car for 7.5k before tax/tag. But question, when I pull slightly hard and shift, should I be able to hear a little tiny sound similar to blow off valve?

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
But question, when I pull slightly hard and shift, should I be able to hear a little tiny sound similar to blow off valve?
That most likely is the blow off value you are hearing. If you do end up with a gxp and put a CAI on like some of us have you will effeminately hear it. I did hear mine ever so slightly when my car was stock. If I'm remembering right, you pretty much have to be listening for it and even then it can be a little hard to hear on a stock car.

By the way, in my opinion, if the black car is in as good of shape that it seems to be, that is a really good price for it. The yellow car seemed like a descent deal in my opinion but at half the mileage and only a little more cash, if everything else is the same I don't see how you can go wrong with the black car. That is of course if the two cars are in similar condition and you actually like a black car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That most likely is the blow off value you are hearing. If you do end up with a gxp and put a CAI on like some of us have you will effeminately hear it. I did hear mine ever so slightly when my car was stock. If I'm remembering right, you pretty much have to be listening for it and even then it can be a little hard to hear on a stock car.

By the way, in my opinion, if the black car is in as good of shape that it seems to be, that is a really good price for it. The yellow car seemed like a descent deal in my opinion but at half the mileage and only a little more cash, if everything else is the same I don't see how you can go wrong with the black car. That is of course if the two cars are in similar condition and you actually like a black car.

Oh ok. Good to know. The black car is actually in better condition than the yellow. Inside is practically new. No scratches on paint, maybe 3 tiny little dings that is only seen because it's a black car. The yellow car needs two new tires and alignment and the black doesn't so after getting those two, price wouldn't be too different. This weekend I'm making a decision and I'm 90% leaning towards the black car. The guy is super chill and a baller so he's not even thinking of the money. House is huge. Lol

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
From the pictures there is NO GMPP tune on this GXP.
However it could have an aftermarket tune such as Trifecta etc...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've decided. I'm picking up the black GXP tomorrow. Super excited. Will post pictures. Thanks again all for the tips. Best forum ever. Cheers

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Congratulations. I think that one would have been hard to pass up. It seems like a really good price for that mileage. I like those rims by the way. Looks like they might either be 19's or maybe the car has been lowered just a little. Let us know what you think once you've had a little seat time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Congratulations. I think that one would have been hard to pass up. It seems like a really good price for that mileage. I like those rims by the way. Looks like they might either be 19's or maybe the car has been lowered just a little. Let us know what you think once you've had a little seat time.

Thank you. I just picked it up today and oh man this thing is so fun to drive. Flawless condition. Wheels are 18s, lowered about an inch to 1.5in. I'm sure I'll be here asking a lot of questions on upgrades etc. thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
congrats !

let the fun begin !

:party:

21 - 40 of 60 Posts