Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

A few years ago I owned an 06 base solstice, and then got an 07 gxp. Circumstances at the time caused me to have to give up the gxp but I'm in the market again to get another solstice... this time an '08 gxp 5spd.

My question is, how are the solstice's holding up these days? Is there anything I should look out for? It's been about 3 years since I had one so I'd like to know if any common problems have started to pop up over the last few years.

Any input or information would be helpful as I'm going to look at a 30k mileage 08 gxp this weekend.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
For the most part all years are holding up quite well from my perspective. Some might say to stay away from the 06s due to the differential recall/pinion seals issues. If the possibility included a major engine transplant then 06s/07s 2.4. If plans is to stay OEM, then low mileage 08/09 GXPs.

Regardless, go Solo and lower it. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Glad you're thinking about returning to the fold! My '07 na has 93K-ish on it. I had the diff recall done, changed out the camshaft adj. solenoids and changed the oil. Oh, had to replace the passenger's seat release knob last week. That's it. [ accident parts not counted, as the warranty did not apply to the driver.]

·
Registered
625 Posts
Seems to be hit and miss. No logic as to why. We are on our 3rd. the '06 and the current '08 have been great. The other '08 was the worst POS I have ever owned. Never ending problems with everything that was not in the drive train. Others have said the same thing: it is a good one, or bad, not much in between.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Hey Folks,

A few years ago I owned an 06 base solstice, and then got an 07 gxp. Circumstances at the time caused me to have to give up the gxp but I'm in the market again to get another solstice... this time an '08 gxp 5spd.

My question is, how are the solstice's holding up these days? Is there anything I should look out for? It's been about 3 years since I had one so I'd like to know if any common problems have started to pop up over the last few years.

Any input or information would be helpful as I'm going to look at a 30k mileage 08 gxp this weekend.

Thanks!
Go to the KP forum and there is a 2009 with less than 10000 miles up for sale for $19,500.00

1 - 6 of 6 Posts