Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about changing my colour choice from Sly to Cool......My order is only a few weeks old......I love both colours but seeing some of pics of the Cool Sols makes me want to switch.....I have seen the Sly but have not seen Cool in person.....I read in another thread that Cool is not a BMW type silver but a little more deep or richer in colour.....two questions....what do you think about these colours and do you think my order will go to the back of the line....Thanks for your opinions

(ps: no I did not spell COLOUR incorrectly...we just have a surplus of vowels up here in Canada so we need to use them up)

·
Registered
753 Posts
i have a 'cool' solstice. what makes a cool color choice different from the other choices is that the 'cool' silver will be the same coloUr as the accents around the window trim and rear cockpit edge. if you like the contrasting accents, you may want to stay with sly. a monotone exterior is mostly why I chose 'cool' silver. I am very happy with my choice, but must admit that-having seen them in every color- the look good in any color.
BTW, if convenience figures into your choice, it seems the darker colors show dirt more quickly...but sure do look good when they are clean.

·
Registered
305 Posts
changed from sly to cool

I had originally ordered sly and changed to cool when I saw both (got to see all the colors) in person. I really like the way, as CDB says, the exterior all flows together in silver. I thought the metalic part of the metalic silver was especially nice.

PS.

I left the "u"s out of "color" so as to conserve vowels for the Canucks.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
slyinginwait said:
(ps: no I did not spell COLOUR incorrectly...we just have a surplus of vowels up here in Canada so we need to use them up)
Is that why you hear Canadians say "Eeh"? Gotta use up some extra vowels... I get it now.

Cool or Sly... I would vote Cool myself. Of all COLOURS, I like Red the best. I initially ordered deep, but my wife wanted white, so I ordered White and I'm sure I will love it. I have no idea if changing would cause a delay in your order.

Good Luck, eah. :^)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Colorchioce

Can't go wrong with either chioce. We have a Tiburon Sports coupe and a Isuzu Rodeo both bright silver. The Rodeo does have some Sly color, sorry colour, contrasting parts that looks great on that vehicle. Best thing about this color, sorry colour, is though the vehicle may be very dirty it still looks clean and shinny. You will like it. I ordered the Sly because I like a bit of contrast but not a too dark color, sorry colour. Kidding you about your colour word. I know from all you all say about us you need to be different. Still joking...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
slyinginwait said:
I'm thinking about changing my colour choice from Sly to Cool......My order is only a few weeks old......I love both colours but seeing some of pics of the Cool Sols makes me want to switch.....I have seen the Sly but have not seen Cool in person.....I read in another thread that Cool is not a BMW type silver but a little more deep or richer in colour.....two questions....what do you think about these colours and do you think my order will go to the back of the line....Thanks for your opinions

I have cool and all the trim parts match unlike the others. Also hides the dirt better the any other color.

·
Registered
288 Posts
cdb said:
i have a 'cool' solstice. what makes a cool color choice different from the other choices is that the 'cool' silver will be the same coloUr as the accents around the window trim and rear cockpit edge. if you like the contrasting accents, you may want to stay with sly. a monotone exterior is mostly why I chose 'cool' silver. I am very happy with my choice, but must admit that-having seen them in every color- the look good in any color.
BTW, if convenience figures into your choice, it seems the darker colors show dirt more quickly...but sure do look good when they are clean.
That's the bottom line. If you prefer to have the contrast, you lose that with cool. I personally find them distracting, and that's why I chose cool. You focus more on the lines and curves of the car. Plus, it hides dirt better too!

Flagg

·
Registered
95 Posts
:agree:

I have the Cool and the windshield surround and lip of the trunk all match the body. I also have the stock wheels and they match as well. No need for polished or chrome wheels.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
susies_boy said:
:agree:

I have the Cool and the windshield surround and lip of the trunk all match the body. I also have the stock wheels and they match as well. No need for polished or chrome wheels.
That was my rational for ordering what I did. ;)

The one I ordered MAY be in early next year if you want to move up in the queue about six months.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am ordering Cool in order to stay cool in summer! :cool:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I'm ordering Cool so I don't have to wash it daily, 3 times a week will be enough :lol:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Another Cool Fan!!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Cool to Go

Solitud said:
Another Cool Fan!!
Well, this thread is actually very timely. I ordered a Cool which was built on 10/14 but still not here. I had lunch with two coworkers today and I was telling them I was having second thoughts about ordering the Cool as there was no contrast. I told them I wished I ordered Deep or Envious. The problem is that when I ordered the car, there were only those Photoshop pictures of the “like” colors. Seemed everybody was ordering Sly and Mysterious so I wanted to stay clear of them. As of today, I still have only seen the Sly color in person.

But your post makes me feel better about the choice. I figure after waiting 7 months for the car, it could be puke color and I’d still love it. Now, I just have to figure out if I should get the black or the chrome stubby antenna.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems like "cool" gets the nod

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and opinions....very helpful towards my decision....special thanks to GreatWhiteNorth who invited me to take a close look at his "Cool" ....turns out we were neighbours years ago. From what I read here, for the most part, you all think this car looks good in any colour!

Happy to be Canadian....and proud of my USA neighbours protecting my freedom...thank you for your service.

Slyinginwait (name change pending)

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
slyinginwait said:
You should contact Vanna White. I heard she's a reseller and looking for more inventory.

My MARiSOL is actually cool, but because she's South American, she has a tan!

There's a reason they call that color Cool, it's cool!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
clamato said:
I had originally ordered sly and changed to cool when I saw both (got to see all the colors) in person. I really like the way, as CDB says, the exterior all flows together in silver. I thought the metalic part of the metalic silver was especially nice.

PS.

I left the "u"s out of "color" so as to conserve vowels for the Canucks.
Please don't send us more vowels...we can't handle the ones we have!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KYSol said:
Is that why you hear Canadians say "Eeh"? Gotta use up some extra vowels... I get it now.

You didn't think we talk like that because it makes sense did you.....no the Government makes us do it....kind of a make work program....and its "Hard Work"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gizmo2004 said:
You should contact Vanna White. I heard she's a reseller and looking for more inventory.

My MARiSOL is actually cool, but because she's South American, she has a tan!

There's a reason they call that color Cool, it's cool!

That's a great idea.....consider this the ICVO (Initial Canadian Vowel Offering).....Would you buy a vowel for $50?.....lets see if I sell 740 I could pay for my SOL....unless you all send USD that would be better yet....you guys are the best!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
both of those aint the colour id go for but i would keep the sly i like it better than the cool

1 - 20 of 25 Posts