1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again

Now that the car feels brand new again , see new tires post

I was thinking of getting a Wester's tune. The westers website lists a

dealer in courtice by the name of MGS tuning. I'm trying to get a hold of him to get some basic info.

Has anybody used this shop before ?

Has anybody got a tune in the GTA ?

Just looking for a basic tune (car original) to improve driveability and remove all the delays and hesitation from the factory.

I want to use someone local (face to face) as opposed to sending in the ECM

etc.

I have searched the forum and am aware of the options in sending in the ECM but really looking to talk to someone that has done it locally.

thanks

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I have spoken to the guys at MGS a couple of times and they are really knowledgable ...... they have done tunes on Kappas and a lot work with the Cobalt guys .. they will do any lifetime updates for additional mods etc......I am planning on getting the same tune in July .... was thinking of Trifecta, but its nice to have a local guy for any issues etc.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Thanks TinCup

Why Trifecta, if you don't mind me asking ?
Basically just from all the rave reviews here on the forum ... Vince has answered all my questions and price is great for the "budget tune " at $200.00

·
Registered
517 Posts
Our GXP has a Westers tune on it.

He kept the tune we have on the coupe very safe for the motor while making the car so much fun to drive. Our GXP had the GMPP tune on so Wester layered his tune on top of that without any issues.

Its a torque heavy car that pulls like a mofo even in 5th gear on the highway. It is now a scary fast car that gets decent gas milage.

LiquidPT can give more details but I can tell you he's got more power than he knows what to do with. :)

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Our GXP has a Westers tune on it.

He kept the tune we have on the coupe very safe for the motor while making the car so much fun to drive. Our GXP had the GMPP tune on so Wester layered his tune on top of that without any issues.

Its a torque heavy car that pulls like a mofo even in 5th gear on the highway. It is now a scary fast car that gets decent gas milage.

LiquidPT can give more details but I can tell you he's got more power than he knows what to do with. :)
What she said. When I was talking to him, I said I was more concerned about drivability and a wide flat torque curve than peak HP numbers, and he totally agreed with that philosophy.

Given that, I estimate (based on previous dynos he has, standard driveline losses, and that he's actually made improvements since those dynos) that I have somewhere north of 300 HP and over 400 lb-ft of torque at the flywheel. NOTE: THESE ARE MY ESTIMATES, NOT MEASURED NOR ENDORSED BY LYNDON. She's plenty fast (well, more quick. Acceleration is amazing)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Get a dyno done to see.

·
Registered
676 Posts
See if you can hook up with esarge. He has a GMPP tuned sky and it is very nice. Runs better than about 90% of the stock turbos out there and I think he is in the toronto area.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/members/e-sarge-12170.html

As far as anything other than the GMPP for a canned tune, I would get HPT and have someone remote tune for you. That way you can always see whats going on with your car.

I have used HPT about 10-15 times on other cars to diagnose failures and read/clear DTC codes as well. It really comes in handy, and everyone is your best friend when you have an HPT

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Just went to see Martin at MGS Performance and I am sold on the Westers tune ...give him a couple of days notice ...he will need the car for the day for data logs etc. Lifetime retunes for future mods etc. According to him you will not be able to remove the smile from your face!:rofl:

·
Registered
305 Posts
See if you can hook up with esarge. He has a GMPP tuned sky and it is very nice. Runs better than about 90% of the stock turbos out there and I think he is in the toronto area.

Pontiac Solstice Forum - View Profile: e-sarge

As far as anything other than the GMPP for a canned tune, I would get HPT and have someone remote tune for you. That way you can always see whats going on with your car.

I have used HPT about 10-15 times on other cars to diagnose failures and read/clear DTC codes as well. It really comes in handy, and everyone is your best friend when you have an HPT
Since I'm spending more time at the track now, I'm glad I have the GMPP tune. I have more faith that things aren't going to go wrong flying down the back straight. This is based on my understanding that the tune was done by the GM engineering team and tested well enough to be warranted by GM. I'm not dissing any other tune, I just haven't heard any other tuners going to this level. Helps me sleep at night... :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got it at Addison Chev in Mississauga. I don't think the web site lists all GMPP part numbers.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hello again

Now that the car feels brand new again , see new tires post

I was thinking of getting a Wester's tune. The westers website lists a

dealer in courtice by the name of MGS tuning. I'm trying to get a hold of him to get some basic info.

Has anybody used this shop before ?

Has anybody got a tune in the GTA ?

Just looking for a basic tune (car original) to improve driveability and remove all the delays and hesitation from the factory.

I want to use someone local (face to face) as opposed to sending in the ECM

etc.

I have searched the forum and am aware of the options in sending in the ECM but really looking to talk to someone that has done it locally.

thanks

Got the Wester's Tune last week at MGS Performance ...... LOVE IT! ...... Martin is awesome to work with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts