Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Removing the third brake light in prep for a new candy paint job, broke the third brake light trying to get the double stick to release. #$$%%!%% the OEM piece it like $115 dollars!!!!

Since we found allot of owners are upgrading to different styles like the flashing ones or the Cylon (Battlestar Galactica), robot style and we have to replace ours now anyway...

Can anyone tell us where we can purchase the whole assembly not just the module to make the light do special effects?

All the links we've found so far mentioned in the forums all seem to be dead now.

We've even considered looking at a Harley bagger suitcase light if nothing else can be found.

We'd like to do the one that flashes then goes full on, but right now we'll settle for about any we can get at a decent price!

Thanks in advance!
Thickmc

I just keep breaking stuff -GM double stick is the bain of my existence!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heat might have helped, but it's a broken part now! Need a replacement where are people getting theirs?

Thickmc

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
This is a topic that comes up occasionally. Some folks managed to pick up spares when they were sold off on eBay for just a couple of bucks. Too late for that, so dealer (or online dealer) is only source now, for OEM ones.

GMroadster had the replacement "Knight Rider" ones, but I think they're defunct now. Sorry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm finding that you are correct, haven't found anything, anywhere. Ebay has zero listings. I have found that the Chevy SSR is supposed to use the same lamp with a different part number, but it's been discontinued by GM. Price was the same range over $100 for what amounts to a LED 8" long lamp.

Really kicking myself for breaking the one I had, it was fine, but painting candy color on the car and getting the color paint into the area around the lamp would have been tough. Have no clue why GM had to double stick parts like this in place. There would be no hope in getting one out of a salvage yard, since even being careful I broke mine.

Really appreciate all the input on this though...

Thickmc

·
Registered
100 Posts
The only one I found was on gmpartsonline.net in the electrical section and it goes for $133.06. A little pricey in my opinion. But it is the only one I found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts