Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Aggressive was built on 9/14/05 -- still not here in Michigan as of 10/24/05. DBC is absolutely no help to my dealer -- as usual, GM doesn't have a clue!!! Anyone have any new info????? I think they're waiting until it snows to deliver -- of course, that may be any day :) Also - Vin #101705 is at the dealer in Highland MI - saw it yesterday, looked like it had just been unloaded. Lucky owner!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Sollady said:
My Aggressive was built on 9/14/05 -- still not here in Michigan as of 10/24/05. DBC is absolutely no help to my dealer -- as usual, GM doesn't have a clue!!! Anyone have any new info????? I think they're waiting until it snows to deliver -- of course, that may be any day :) Also - Vin #101705 is at the dealer in Highland MI - saw it yesterday, looked like it had just been unloaded. Lucky owner!

Same boat-Built 9/19 still @ 4150 code. My Dealer says shipped but its showing still @ 4150 code. I called GM and they opened a case file and gave me a direct line to my Customer Service Rep. I just left her a message asking for some truth in where my vehicle is at. There is a recorded message that she will answer within 24 hours of your call. I will let you know if this helps get me a truthful answer. Good luck.

.
Update 10/25/2005--After a second call to Pontiac Customer Service Rep she said that first they told her that my car was scheduled for production and then when she gave them my VIN and checked it out herself she discovered that 9/19 produced and 9/24 my car was cleared to ship. She said that there is a problem in the paperwork somewhere. My car lists as in transit but the last code entered was 4150 which is "invoice to dealer". She advised me to contact my dealer and have him place a call to the VOM center to find out the correct information. She did say no quality holds are present and the car has been ready to go since 9/24. I called my dealer and asked him to get the VOM center on the line for an answer. At this point it is a guess if my car shipped or why it has been sitting there ready to go since 9/24.
I could have gotten a better answer by calling 1-800-lostsol. :(


10/26/2005 My Dealer called the VOM center and was told that yes my car has been ready to ship since 9/24 and that no it has not shipped. When asked why they just blew him off with " this is a new launch and it takes time to get the cars out" and would not tell him anything else. He was upset!
Oh well, there's always next month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
same deak with mine, Wantmysoltice!

Mine was built on sept 21 and it still hasnt even been released to ship yet! it hsa been over a month.

Wantmysoltice, what is your VIN? I got 1715
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
846 Posts
Same thing here, built 9/14, sitting at 4150 since 10/6. I'm going to the Bahamas on 11/4 so they should show up the week I'm away. Something to look forward to!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
dylan01 said:
same deak with mine, Wantmysoltice!

Mine was built on sept 21 and it still hasnt even been released to ship yet! it hsa been over a month.

Wantmysoltice, what is your VIN? I got 1715

My VIN is 1690.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
shipping

Last week dealer called GM they said my car was in the plant and not shipped yet. Dealer was tring to put a call out and let us know about the car and ten min. later the car was in parking lot getting unloaded. So hang in there these cars are great. :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Tbird your dealer must have some sort of pull in the plant or he made one hell of a call LAFFFFFFFF

Scotty beam me over a Solstice and snap to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Still no Sol

WantMySoltice said:
Same boat-Built 9/19 still @ 4150 code. My Dealer says shipped but its showing still @ 4150 code. I called GM and they opened a case file and gave me a direct line to my Customer Service Rep. I just left her a message asking for some truth in where my vehicle is at. There is a recorded message that she will answer within 24 hours of your call. I will let you know if this helps get me a truthful answer. Good luck.
Problem is they will call the dealer and ask him whats going on!!!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
ntouched said:
It's all about "Patience" with the Solstice! :lol:
That's what I thought when I took the Solstice from 0-60........ :devil:





Just kidding.....I couldn't resist :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
RODEO said:
That's what I thought when I took the Solstice from 0-60........ :devil:





Just kidding.....I couldn't resist :lol:

Another trollism!!! ;) ;)

Thanks, Rodeo. I knew we could count on you getting back in the swing ASAP. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
ntouched said:
All about "Patience" with the Solstice!
There's more to it than that. I agree with some patience but there is a little discussed CONTRACT issue that the auto world seems to forget. It is called the IMPLIED COVENANT OF GOOD FAITH AND FAIR DEALING. In essence, the dealer and GM owe you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

No, I'm not suggesting anyone sue or cancel their contract. But it's not ALWAYS about being patient. Most people are more than willing to be patient if they are told the truth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Pure Law said:
There's more to it than that. I agree with some patience but there is a little discussed CONTRACT issue that the auto world seems to forget. It is called the IMPLIED COVENANT OF GOOD FAITH AND FAIR DEALING. In essence, the dealer and GM owe you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

No, I'm not suggesting anyone sue or cancel their contract. But it's not ALWAYS about being patient. Most people are more than willing to be patient if they are told the truth.

:agree: :agree: :agree: 1000%

Tell me some truth GM!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Small Dealer said:
And are you saying that "built", "not shipped", "still at Wilmington", "on quality hold", "on transportation hold", or "shipped" are not considered truthful?

""still at Wilmington", "on quality hold"," ------------ WHY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,302 Posts
meallen1220 said:
""still at Wilmington", "on quality hold"," ------------ WHY
beleive there are some seal issues with the rear deck, doors and around the glass...to eliminate the leaking issues that were discovered.....seems the common line on the forum....anyone else??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
tbird54 said:
Last week dealer called GM they said my car was in the plant and not shipped yet. Dealer was tring to put a call out and let us know about the car and ten min. later the car was in parking lot getting unloaded. So hang in there these cars are great. :party:
The system for the Solstice it terrible, you can't believe what they say. See they said your was still sitting in Willmington and it gets to your dealer about 10 min. later. Lack of correct comunications.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
meallen1220 said:
:agree: :agree: :agree: 1000%

Tell me some truth GM!!!!!!!!!
They did! The problem is the truth hurts!

Please don't take that the wrong way. They are telling the truth. Just not alot of it. Kind of Clintonesqe.

It does make more sense if you have 300 to 400 cars with the same
problem(s) to fix in one place with hopefully the same people. As opposed to trying to teach 200 or more dealers to test for the problem, find it and correct it.

I agree I would like my car too. I have been waiting 42 days (heck thats 2 more than its been raining) and still no delivery date info.

And I am wondering if I want a $25,000 car in the garage or $25,000 in the bank for 6 more months. Hopefully a test drive will convince me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
zcellar said:
They did! The problem is the truth hurts!

Please don't take that the wrong way. They are telling the truth. Just not alot of it. Kind of Clintonesqe.

It does make more sense if you have 300 to 400 cars with the same
problem(s) to fix in one place with hopefully the same people. As opposed to trying to teach 200 or more dealers to test for the problem, find it and correct it.

I agree I would like my car too. I have been waiting 42 days (heck thats 2 more than its been raining) and still no delivery date info.

And I am wondering if I want a $25,000 car in the garage or $25,000 in the bank for 6 more months. Hopefully a test drive will convince me!
Zcellar take the car it's beautiful! I love it. Any word on yours?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top