167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
686 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Look closely and you can certainly notice that the whole (WHOLE) bottom section of the front has been rudely scraped off and is missing!!! :brentil::brentil::brentil::brentil:

POS!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Unfortunately, I let my daughter go on a food run in mine a couple weeks after I got it.
It seems that the local Arby's has some rather high curbs for their parking spaces. Yep, she ran up onto one and did a surprising amount of damage including cracking the front fascia at both side lights..:brentil::cuss:

I still haven't fixed it yet....there's some mods I want to do while the front cover is off and figure I'll do all of it at the same time. (Just looking fror that "silver lining" I guess....:rolleyes: )

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
The question is if it's repairable or not and if you could get it cheap enough to make it worth while. If I could justify another car I might jump on it for the right price since i"d love to have a GPX coup and they are fairly rare.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Unfortunately, I let my daughter go on a food run in mine a couple weeks after I got it.
It seems that the local Arby's has some rather high curbs for their parking spaces. Yep, she ran up onto one and did a surprising amount of damage including cracking the front fascia at both side lights..:brentil::cuss:

I still haven't fixed it yet....there's some mods I want to do while the front cover is off and figure I'll do all of it at the same time. (Just looking fror that "silver lining" I guess....:rolleyes: )
Yeah, it's amazing the things you notice while working on the car. In 3 years of owning my car, I hadn't noticed that I scraped the front fascia on one side enough to break off one of the plastic pins holding it on the bumper. :eek: I saw it while installing my s/c kit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what you are seeing about the lift arms. I see the front end scrapes.
The arms of the lift arent on the lift points and have probably damaged the front rockers in some way.

Whats the story on the two hoses on the bottom of the intercooler? i noticed them on mine, what are they there for?

·
Administrator
9,254 Posts
If you have the entire ad it tells you it was in an accident

It was manufactured in June of 2009 and sold to the first owner sometime in October or November of 2009 whereupon he promptly had an accident with it.* The accident record shows on Autocheck and Carfax in January of 2010.* (I will list the replaced parts below.)**According to Carfax the car ran off the road and into some shrubbery with the primary damage*to the right front corner and hood.* Evidently, something happened that the customer or insurance didn't pay for the repairs.* A mechanics lein was filed and the car was sold at an auction by the body shop that did the work.* Somehow the bank which held the lein interest in the car bought it back.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
The arms of the lift arent on the lift points and have probably damaged the front rockers in some way.
That's kinda what I was thinking. They look like they are too far back. Like the car could even fall forward.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
If you have the entire ad it tells you it was in an accident
Yeah...makes for an interesting read. Then again, they seem to be fairly upfront about the history and damage. I'd say it's all according to what the reserve price is. (Probably not too far from the "buy it now" price if I had to guess...)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

Whats the story on the two hoses on the bottom of the intercooler? i noticed them on mine, what are they there for?
I am pretty sure the concept of the OEM IC hoses on the bottom of the IC are for "oil catch" of any oil blow by from the turbo.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Did anyone else notice that the head lights are not the right ones.

They should be the black Street Edition Headlights.

I bet the original head lights got damaged in the accident.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Appears the intercooler bottom shroud was ripped off during it's off-road excursion and never replaced (not sure if additional brackets are missing). Hard to tell from the angle of the pic if the lift pads are place on or near lift points. BTW, since it's a GXP shouldn't the headlights of been black? Hey, at least it's not one of the rarer manuals.

Glad it has pinstrips been wondering how'd they look.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Considering how much the IC looks pushed up on the drivers side, I would leery of all kinds of additional damage in the front end.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yah, it's obvious the front end contacted hard at some point. The scratches on the bottom front lip are superficial. What scares me is that the entire bottom plastic shrouding is entirely gone, and there's obvious contact damage to the intercooler.

Along with the improper jacking. :banghead:

But then again, anyone stupid enough to buy a car in such shape without getting it checked out deserves it I guess . . . caveat emptor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts