Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
i have read about 20,000 to 30,000 a year not sure on figures. but dealers are saying the 06 is all sold out and they have started orders for 07 but that is rumor so don't quote me on it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I asked GM on their website ask us, about that. And they said any where from 15,000 to 30,00 a year.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Originally, the upper end of expected production was something like:

15k Solstice
7.5k Sky
2.5k Opel

Give or take a few thousand (overtime?)

I'm not sure - but I think those numbers were based on two-shifts of production. They are apparently going to a third shift in January. With overtime - they might be able to push 30-35k/year

·
Registered
895 Posts
Production ending 11/12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, that is what the title said on Automotive News!

Anyway, this weeks numbers:

This Week 410 New Sols

October Total 2045

They might have hoped to produce that many, but at the rate they have been going, if they reach 15,000 it will me a miracle.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
orlando said:
Production ending 11/12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, that is what the title said on Automotive News!

Anyway, this weeks numbers:

This Week 410 New Sols

October Total 2045

They might have hoped to produce that many, but at the rate they have been going, if they reach 15,000 it will me a miracle.
There not going to make 15,000 this year,(2005) but 15,000 for the 2006 model. They hope to make 7,000 this year.

·
Registered
201 Posts
deluke said:
There not going to make 15,000 this year,(2005) but 15,000 for the 2006 model. They hope to make 7,000 this year.
Does that 7K include the first 1K giving us VINS up to 6000, or do they not include it? That question's been bouncing around in my head for a few days now.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
Does that 7K include the first 1K giving us VINS up to 6000, or do they not include it? That question's been bouncing around in my head for a few days now.
They were saying 7,000 total made in 2005 so that would include the first 1000.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They have made around 6500 - about 700 of them are preproduction. Average build per week is about 500, or 50 per shift on 2 shifts.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Iwant1 said:
They have made around 6500 - about 700 of them are preproduction. Average build per week is about 500, or 50 per shift on 2 shifts.
There up to 5800 already? Thats pretty good. So 7000 will be pretty close . Isn't that how many they said the were going to make in 2005?( Not including pre production)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
MAKsys said:
Originally, the upper end of expected production was something like:

15k Solstice
7.5k Sky
2.5k Opel

Give or take a few thousand (overtime?)

I'm not sure - but I think those numbers were based on two-shifts of production. They are apparently going to a third shift in January. With overtime - they might be able to push 30-35k/year
where did those figures come from? All i hear is 20K Solstice, 10K Sky and 1k Opel eventually....My Saturn dealer backed up the !0K on the Sky, that the figure they were given.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Iwant1 said:
What are pre-production cars?
Are those cars that were built for testing (mules), crash testing and car for shows?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
orlando said:
What are pre-production cars?
Are those cars that were built for testing (mules), crash testing and car for shows?
Yep, and also for media tests and reports, promotional duty and the Pontiac ride and drive events. Pretty much every Solstice you have seen so far in mainstream media print or video has been a pre-production car, not an actual serial production car. Sad thing is, nearly all of these pre-production cars will be destroyed as they are unsaleable. :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
deluke said:
There up to 5800 already? Thats pretty good. So 7000 will be pretty close . Isn't that how many they said the were going to make in 2005?( Not including pre production)
Yes, I have heard total per model year was 20k Solstice, 10k Sky and 5k Opel. I think that the Sky will be closer to the Solstice numbers I.M.H.O.. That is after seeing the Sky.

·
Registered
96 Posts
AeroDave said:
Yep, and also for media tests and reports, promotional duty and the Pontiac ride and drive events. Pretty much every Solstice you have seen so far in mainstream media print or video has been a pre-production car, not an actual serial production car. Sad thing is, nearly all of these pre-production cars will be destroyed as they are unsaleable. :(
Man, wouldn't it be great to have one of these pre-production vehicles for collectible purposes! I bet we'll see one at a Barrett-Jackson auction in 20 years and all this waiting will seem like mere moments! ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
rlw222 said:
i have read about 20,000 to 30,000 a year not sure on figures. but dealers are saying the 06 is all sold out and they have started orders for 07 but that is rumor so don't quote me on it.
:agree:
Those are the numbers I have heard for the past couple of years.

·
Registered
254 Posts
AeroDave said:
Too bad they don't make them available to those of us who would like to race a Solstice in SCCA events. :yesnod:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
1000 First 1K VINs 000001 to 001000
300 special for our CanEHdian neighbors 100701 to 101000
5700 for the rest of us, including more CanEHdians 101001 to 106700

So if exactly 7000 are produced, the highest VIN would be 106700. As Iwant1 pointed out, the VINs 100001 to 100700 are pre-production and probably will not be sold.

I'm not sure if 100700 is the exact cut-off point, but more or less.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts