Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, at the last event, as noted above, I took out my new weapon....
I had done OK at a mini-local Nationals type event against some fast out of town competition mid year, but to me, it was obvious the Turbo Kappa cars don't belong in AStreet, but SCCA said yes they do.. so I wanted some other quirky unique weapon to use..so now my garage looks like this. I wanted an orange 05 Lotus Elise in stock condition for the class I want to run in.. VERY hard to find an unmodded Lotus!! Finally found a fairly stock blue one about 95 miles north of me with @ 56K miles.. I decided to go for it and started looking for parts to go back to stock AND race legal stuff.. THEN 8 weeks ago an orange 05 with 12K miles and BONE STOCK shows for sale 5 MILES from where I bought the first one! I had to do it!!
73357407_417575112266456_665468928696254464_n.jpg

I will say, the Blue Lotus will eventually go, but currently no desire to part with the coupe.. (easier entry and exit versus the Lotus!! lol)

BTW, I think if some good after market shocks were installed, the coupe would still be competitive, but not an overdog.. Oh yes, I am probably going to cut back on my neg camber up front on the coupe..it was @ 3 degrees IIRC AND IT WAS SO LOW... I ripped the front scoop loose.. something that will need fixing eventually. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bill I'm glad to see the z0k springs were put to good use and that you had a successful autox season; congratulations and well done!

Gorgeous looking garage. The Elise is still the most fun vehicle I have driven - it wasn't completely stock but would have been easy to put back to stock.

Once I am done playing with my RX-7, a Lotus will replace it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Bill I'm glad to see the z0k springs were put to good use and that you had a successful autox season; congratulations and well done!

Gorgeous looking garage. The Elise is still the most fun vehicle I have driven - it wasn't completely stock but would have been easy to put back to stock.

Once I am done playing with my RX-7, a Lotus will replace it.
Thanks again Harris. I would say it was probably more of a confidence factor than a drastic change getting those correct rear springs in the back. However I didn't really have a chance to do much back to back testing, but that was a moot point anyway since the full turbo Z0K kit has to be ran as a package ...I have considered doing the tune for fun and just run in CAM-S on occasion.

On the other front, I have decided to go all in to run AStreet this coming year...
79711283_780991189029114_2378595559024885760_n.jpg

21 - 24 of 24 Posts