Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember me..RadRiv, Mr. Bring Donuts to Dealer April 15 (after putting my deposit down months prior...long story short...didn't get a 1st1K...got my 1150 and driving it and LOVING IT...Great Car!!!

Anyway, ODDLY enough I ran into Mr. VIN#420 in St. Paul (he bought his from the same dealer that lied to me about no one getting a 1st 1k from their dealership...and after I was the FIRST ONE ordered, and placed into the system.

He stopped and we talked about how his car order came about. He said that he saw the Solstice on the Apprentice for the first time!!!! ARGH!!!! And he bought it to get back at his ex-wife...to whom he gave a Miata (1992)...this was payback so to speak.

He knew nothing about the car...he didn't even know what the color of his car was...he thought it was DEEP GRAY (It was SLY, by the way).....and he thought mine was "black", not Mysterious! (mine was DEEP by the way). He thought the license plate bracket (front) was installed at the factory and wondered why I didn't have one on mine...then he wondered why I didn't have the "words" on the back of my car...and I explained "shaving" to him. He's an older guy (65?).

My question is how the hell did this guy get his and I got mine (1150?). He ordred it with ABS and LSD and A/C but that is it... I guess he was just lucky, I guess...but again, a reason NOT TO TRUST CRAPPY DEALERS!!!

I thought it was really odd that I ran into him in downtown St. Paul. I was there for one specific reason, and he was leaving his condo for another specific reason...but our paths crossed...which was cool.

That's my rant for today....

RADRIV

·
Registered
479 Posts
RADRIV said:
Remember me..RadRiv, Mr. Bring Donuts to Dealer April 15 (after putting my deposit down months prior...long story short...didn't get a 1st1K...got my 1150 and driving it and LOVING IT...Great Car!!!

Anyway, ODDLY enough I ran into Mr. VIN#420 in St. Paul (he bought his from the same dealer that lied to me about no one getting a 1st 1k from their dealership...and after I was the FIRST ONE ordered, and placed into the system.

He stopped and we talked about how his car order came about. He said that he saw the Solstice on the Apprentice for the first time!!!! ARGH!!!! And he bought it to get back at his ex-wife...to whom he gave a Miata (1992)...this was payback so to speak.

He knew nothing about the car...he didn't even know what the color of his car was...he thought it was DEEP GRAY (It was SLY, by the way).....and he thought mine was "black", not Mysterious! (mine was DEEP by the way). He thought the license plate bracket (front) was installed at the factory and wondered why I didn't have one on mine...then he wondered why I didn't have the "words" on the back of my car...and I explained "shaving" to him. He's an older guy (65?).

My question is how the hell did this guy get his and I got mine (1150?). He ordred it with ABS and LSD and A/C but that is it... I guess he was just lucky, I guess...but again, a reason NOT TO TRUST CRAPPY DEALERS!!!

I thought it was really odd that I ran into him in downtown St. Paul. I was there for one specific reason, and he was leaving his condo for another specific reason...but our paths crossed...which was cool.

That's my rant for today....

RADRIV
Not to be a smart a$$, but it sounds like the dealer adhered to the apprentice rules. He may have lied to you after the fact, but if the other guy was there with his ticket in hand and got one he was just plain lucky, just like the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If your dealership had multiple people entering orders at the same time it easily anwers that question. My dealership had 3 peopleon computers trying to enter orders while the entire order system was going to crap. One of the 3 luckily actually got a car in after much trying. So whoever's EOP attempt was being made by that guy was the one that got in. I was one of the 3, but unfortunately mine wasn't the one thatgot through.

Made me happy though, because I'm using my GM Card points now, and I got an extra couple of months to save. It's going to make a huge difference on monthly payments for me now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sorry Rad, but my britches aren't even smokin'. Neat story though. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
del_utz said:
Not to be a smart a$$, but it sounds like the dealer adhered to the apprentice rules. He may have lied to you after the fact, but if the other guy was there with his ticket in hand and got one he was just plain lucky, just like the rest of us.
Hi Del_utz,

I was there, 8am, worked out of the waiting room on my laptop...NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE! I was the only one in the joint when the orders went into the system...sounds like Brentil had the same situation as I did. Did I mention I brought donuts for these guys??? I thought that would give me a fighting chance.

RadRiv

·
Registered
479 Posts
RADRIV said:
Hi Del_utz,

I was there, 8am, worked out of the waiting room on my laptop...NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE! I was the only one in the joint when the orders went into the system...sounds like Brentil had the same situation as I did. Did I mention I brought donuts for these guys??? I thought that would give me a fighting chance.

RadRiv
Well, you know the old sayin, " if you didn't have bad luck, you' d have no luck at all" sounds like it wasn't your day. But at least you have a car, there are some 1st 1kers still lookin for theres. Best of luck with your ride.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Remember Don Adams....."Get Smart"

RADRIV said:
Hi Del_utz,

RadRiv
Ahhh, the old donuts to the salesman so you can get a Solstice much faster than everyone else trick. "Never Works"..... :lol: Remember "Get Smart"......Uh ok, I'm 42, so maybe it won't ring a bell with everyone.......

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
ntouched said:
Ahhh, the old donuts to the salesman so you can get a Solstice much faster than everyone else trick. "Never Works"..... :lol: Remember "Get Smart"......Uh ok, I'm 42, so maybe it won't ring a bell with everyone.......
Just don't ring that bell inside the Cone of Silence...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.