Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What are you going to do with your "first 1000" solstice?

• Use it to trade a dealership for something

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's my new collector - I'll keep it until it becomes a classic - no miles

• I'm REALLY going RACING (Full-on Roll cage, dicing car2car)

• Gonna get it and swap the motor or alter the Bejeezus out of it

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you going to do with your "first 1000"?

Expecting responses from
240ZRX7MiataSol,
64GTO,
achieftain,
AeroDave,
ateam_77,
brian carpenter,
bronzestar,
C5Vette,
cdb,
Chris Perris,
Crimson Avenger,
cyberdoc,
danielwill,
Del Solstice,
Delnari,
dettmerdds,
Dogtown,
Drex,
Flagg,
garytucker,
general,
giranda,
gizmo2004,
GNS,
GradSoulStice,
gvoeller,
heismybooty,
hojopa,
I-Got-One!,
kane,
LatinVenom,
Lawson143,
lawson381,
leolaw,
mcbman,
mceb,
Miata Man,
mikefred1952,
PAS22,
physixman,
Poppo40,
Primus,
putrfixr,
RADRIV,
red61985,
Riles,
Rogobuck,
Ron Brandich,
Salamander,
SATCH,
SCSOLSTICE,
shoeman,
SolsticeWaiting,
Solstick,
SolTex,
Sooolstice,
StellarDave,
Utah Solstice,
Wade_in_CA,
WannaSolstice,
Zolsol

·
Registered
462 Posts
solsticeman,
Where does:
It's my new collector - I'll Drive it for 3-4 months during the summer
then Garage it in the winter

fit in?
In other words: I'll keep it until it becomes a classic but I still plan to drive it a lot in the summer!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Poll missing "racing" option...

Depending on how difficult it is to get the Pontiac racing roll bar in without too much cutting, I'll be taking this one out to the track.

Willow Springs and Button Willow are two of the local tracks down here that I currently run my Saturn on. This one should be fun--I'm looking forward to getting back to a rear drive platform, because the reflexes I developed early in my driving career often have me swapping ends in the front drive Saturn when things get hairy and reflex takes over.

I'll also be looking to employ one of the forced induction kits.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
At this point I anticipate keeping this car forever or until I can't drive anymore, whichever comes first! Drive in summer store in winter. My original intent was to buy a roadster when I retire, but then the Solstice came along and changed my plans!

·
Registered
337 Posts
It will be parked right next to my other GM classics - 64 GTO Conv & 1971 Buick GS Conv.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm a driven it till I can't drives it no mo,with a sh*t eaten grin on my face. :thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
115 Posts
It will be driven in everything other than snow...just like our corvettes! 100k miles...just getting broke in

·
Registered
21 Posts
Since I live in CA (SF cost to be precise) I plan to drive it as often as I can until it falls apart or I win the lottery and can afford a lotus Elise. Since I work from home it will mainly be used for weekend touring and trips and exploring backroads. I want the car to drive, the destination is meaningless. :)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It's going to be my daily driver year round. I doubt I'll keep it long enough to be worth anything significant, but I'll keep it long enough to see it's value plumet.

IMHO, I think the speculators out there should really think about changing thier minds or be booted from this site. I have been led to believe that this is an enthusiast's site, not an investment tool. It was my hope, and GM's too, that the first 1000 go to enthusiasts who truly care about the Solstice. It's sad to see folks like brentil who have been involved heavily in this car get wait listed just so someone can make a profit on ebay.:brentil:

I know, I know, capitalism blah, blah , blah... :banghead:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Test drive then decide

Test drive then decide...
If I love it - I'll keep it. At least until a new and improved ride catches my eye. It all depends, if it looks like a good investment-I'll try to keep the milage low and store it for the most part. Sounds like it might be a good lit' investment... ya never know, huh? They have kept it low to the groud-lets see what the comfort level is and how it handles. I've heard a lot of good things! At the same time I can't say if someone offered me a great deal.... hummmm test drive and then decide.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
No way to change our votes, is there?

solsticeman said:
Wow, I should have tested this first. Sorry C.A. and Mcb'.
Thanks for adding the race options.... Mine would be the first of the two racing options: track days and road racing... I'm not going to take a chassis punch to it for weight. It will also be a daily driver, so the race modifications will be somewhat more subtle than the second "Full Race" option.

Sometimes being an early responder makes the poll results a bit skewed.

Is there any way to change a vote in a poll?

·
Registered
16 Posts
This wont be my primary car. It will be difficult to drive such an awsome car and not be afraid of causing any harm to the body itself. I am in San Diego and hope to have a Solstice drive on many occasions. I will be the envy of my neighborhood and Southern California since it appears that there will only be a handfull of us with this great opportunity. I will dedicate my first drive top down to all the unfortunate fellows that were not able to get through on April 15th. I am planning on Driving up the West Coast and soak up the sun. I plan on keeping it for a while.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm going to drive it as much as I can. Can't drive it on rainy days or for up to 3 days after. Our roads get deep in mud. I still have a 1986 4-Runner, bought it new, and have restored it every year. (Over 250,000 miles) This is the car I've been waiting for, not an import! Sure they were nice, but I don't live near a city anymore. (over 50 miles to the nearest import dealer)
Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer to drive this car...... :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
SATCH said:
I'm a driven it till I can't drives it no mo,with a sh*t eaten grin on my face. :thumbs: :cheers:
Great Avatar! Where'd you get it?

I will be trying NOT to drive it in the rain or bad whether, but Im afraid Ill want to drive it all the time. I wont drive it in the winter, and I have a daily driver that I like alot already.

I probably will drive it mostly around town, but I hope to get a few road trips in too. I hope conejo148 is still considering a "cruise-in" type thing at some point. Hopefully after everyone's emotions smooth out and the cars start arriving, there will be to many exciting things to do with the cars for anyone to be wanting for an excuse to drive.
:cool:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I answered that I was going to drive it for a while and then trade up for a Sky. In reality, if the 2007 or 2008 offers an induction engine, (and chrome wheels), I will trade up to the new one at that time. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I plan on driving my Sol until the wheels fall off. Hopefully that's long after the post 1000 come out! :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I live in Texas. I will drive it summer, winter, rain and well, no snow....lol. It will be my primary means of transportation. My 95 sunfire with 220K is still running well, so I dont see a problem with an even better built car lasting as long or longer. I wonder if I make it to 1000000mi if they will give me a new one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts