Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

[If you've ordered a Solstice] Did you order the $19,995 version?

• Haven't ordered yet, but intend to buy one at $19,995

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did ANYONE order the $19,995 version?

That means NO AC, NO power accessories, NO leather, No Limited Slip Diff.... bare bones...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I ordered mine almost loaded (everything but XM, OnStar and Smoker's Package).

The $19,995 price is great, though. It allowed me to get all the options I wanted and still keep the price under $25K!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Interesting poll! With all the emphasis put on that initial $19,995 price, and all the discussion on how GM had to keep it below $20K, we'll see if anyone actually ordered one for that price. .

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suspect it will be pretty low. I haven't yet heard of anyone buying one, that's why I thought I'd try a poll and ask that largest cross-country conglomeration of Solsticephiliacs....

·
Registered
600 Posts
dengel said:
I ordered mine almost loaded (everything but XM, OnStar and Smoker's Package).

The $19,995 price is great, though. It allowed me to get all the options I wanted and still keep the price under $25K!
Same here, exact options, cool.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How about us Canadians. Anyone go with the straight up $25,695 version?

Not me - pretty much fully loaded, no Smkoerks pkg, and no floor mats.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Danno said:
How about us Canadians. Anyone go with the straight up $25,695 version?

Not me - pretty much fully loaded, no Smkoerks pkg, and no floor mats.

Same Here, all but leather, onstar and xfm. $30,500.00

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Oops, I voted for the first one, I ment to vote for the second one.

Mine was $30,000 Canadian (not sure before tax or after). I had to have the leather, chrome wheels and the upgraded sound system.

I didn't get ABS, LSD and AirCon.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SlipSlider said:
Oops, I voted for the first one, I ment to vote for the second one.

Mine was $30,000 Canadian (not sure before tax or after). I had to have the leather, chrome wheels and the upgraded sound system.

I didn't get ABS, LSD and AirCon.
Slip - I changed the vote number, but your name will still show up under the category you voted :thumbs:

Interesting - why didn't you get ABS? Being up in igloo country....

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Solsticeman. I think you and I were both once comtemplating a stripped Solstice. More in line with what a roadster should be. But, alas, I gave in to the times and ordered one with everthing but On-Star and no CD changer. Did you get the tan top? (Just testing! :lol: )

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
solsticeman said:
Slip - I changed the vote number, but your name will still show up under the category you voted :thumbs:

Interesting - why didn't you get ABS? Being up in igloo country....
har.. har.

I didn't because I have it on my GrandAm and I never use it. I gernally drive like a granny in the winter time so it never has a chance to kick in.

I'm thinking maybe I should have got Air Con.. the weather up here has been really hot in the last week and I'm starting to regret the black leather/no Air Con combo that I chose. :willy:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Got everthing but the OnStar and XM, might as well buy it all at once.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
No radio upgrad or XM but pretty much everything else. The $19,995.00 just gave me a low starting point to build upon!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
fully loaded: not EXCLUSIVELY a race car

Had to have LSD. Since it's not exclusively a race car, comfort also enters into the picture, so AC. Since I'm not Jackie Stewart yet, ABS. The 2 tone leather is really nice looking, and the steering wheel controls are not to be missed....

Thus, fully loaded with the exception of:
  • constrained OnStar
  • Smoker's PKG (don't smoke, and can't stand it)
  • 6 disk in-dash (have an iPod, hoping for an OEM external CD port to use with an iPod adapter to permit song skiping from the wheel ;) )
Since it will probably be almost 18 months before I can get a removable hard top for racing, might as well...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts