Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a black/dark charcoal enterior guy. I remember really liking the interior on the show Sol a year or so ago so I ordered the Steel/Sand. Now I'm having second toughts as to whether or not particularily the "sand" plastic will look cheap compared to the alternative of all black? What say you that have?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Cool with two tone.....

SlyFly said:
I've always been a black/dark charcoal enterior guy. I remember really liking the interior on the show Sol a year or so ago so I ordered the Steel/Sand. Now I'm having second toughts as to whether or not particularily the "sand" plastic will look cheap compared to the alternative of all black? What say you that have?
I saw the black with two tone at the Ride and Drive event in So. California. It was awesome! Did not look or feel cheap. I went with Cool (silver), with two tone interior and chrome wheels. Should be nice..... :cool:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have to be honest, just picked mine up today and I tried to change my order some time ago from cloth to the steel sand. Now I am glad it was to late to change. The other EOP at my dealer got the steel/sand and when I looked at the two together I was very glad I got the cloth. It just goes better with the rest of the interior. The steel/sand and the dash and doors was way to busy for me, but each to their own. Hope your choice works for you.

·
Registered
245 Posts
del_utz said:
I have to be honest, just picked mine up today and I tried to change my order some time ago from cloth to the steel sand. Now I am glad it was to late to change. The other EOP at my dealer got the steel/sand and when I looked at the two together I was very glad I got the cloth. It just goes better with the rest of the interior. The steel/sand and the dash and doors was way to busy for me, but each to their own. Hope your choice works for you.
what color with cloth?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I initially ordered my car with Sly and two/tone leather...mainly because that is all I saw in the Pontiac pictures of the car. I am not the type of person who can vision seeing the entire car in a particular color without seeing it. Having said that, after seeing most of the cars in person in Detroit, I changed my color to Deep with ebony leather. I see why Pontiac initially chose not to have two-tone in agressive and envious. But, it's all personal preference. So, to answer your question, I'm glad I didn't get the two-tone. I do, however, think it looks best in Sly.

·
Registered
535 Posts
del_utz said:
:agree:

I don't think the two colors go well with each other. I wasn't that impressed with the two tone. I really hope that in the future that Pontiac comes up with more interior color options!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have Sly with two-tone and have no regrets about the choice. In fact, many people who have seen the car volunteer that the like the appearance. I would probably not choose that interior with another color though.

Certainly the other colors have their attractions. It would be a harder decision to make now I think.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Solstick said:
I have Sly with two-tone and have no regrets about the choice. In fact, many people who have seen the car volunteer that the like the appearance. I would probably not choose that interior with another color though.

Certainly the other colors have their attractions. It would be a harder decision to make now I think.
I think sly is the only color that the color combo will work. The others just don't look right!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I wish the two-tone had been:

ebony/tan (would have looked AWESOME with Mysterious)
ebony/desert gold (would have looked AWESOME with Mysterious)
ebony/red (would have looked AWESOME with Mysterious or Agressive)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Was somehow hoping that the steel would be darker on the mysterious then it is, I’m somewhat concerned that on the mysterious I ordered that there would be too much color contrast. Just seen VIN # 375 at my dealer sly with two-tone very nice look. I’m sure I'll get used to my two-tone mys. LOL

·
Registered
182 Posts
2 tone is good. Jazz it up a little and make the interior a little more interesting

·
5,600 Posts
Fortimir said:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wasnt too impressed with the two tone either. Happy I went with ebony after seeing them at the ride and drive.

The only one I thought looked ok was the mysterious with two tone interrior but even then the ebony was my preference.

·
Registered
515 Posts
With 5 months having passed since I've ordered my car, I've 2nd guessed both interior and exterior colors. In fact, probably 3rd, 4th, and 5th guessed. However, when I finally got to sit in the Cool w/2-tone inside at the VIN0001 Party in Detroit, I never looked back.

·
Registered
142 Posts
del_utz said:
I have not seen it in person but from the pics it was to busy. If it was just the seats I would have gone with it but not the dash and doors.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Fortimir said:

:agree: The two-tone was a rather unusual idea and I like that fact, but I don't like the color choices. I wish they would have been darker ... no matter how much you clean them, the lighter colors always seem to start looking dingy as time goes by.

·
Registered
535 Posts
deluke said:
I think black will look super.
I would agree if instead of steel it was ebony and sand but the steel/sand doesn't mess well with the black.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Chris said:
With 5 months having passed since I've ordered my car, I've 2nd guessed both interior and exterior colors. In fact, probably 3rd, 4th, and 5th guessed. However, when I finally got to sit in the Cool w/2-tone inside at the VIN0001 Party in Detroit, I never looked back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.