Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,487 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Awesome cars but that first guy is high.

" 2 LITRE TURBO DIRECT INJECTION 300WHP 300 LBS TORK AT WHEELS WITH PIPING BLOW OFF VAVLE UPGRADES
- CUSTOM PROGRAM ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM - UNITRONIC($25,000 INVESTED)
- SHOCKS - KW 3 WAY $20,000 VALUE"

$25,000 in "custom program engine management" (aka a tune?) and it's only making 300 whp and 300 ft-lbs? Torque should be way higher than that. $20,000 in coilovers? I mean, come on.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
That 1st car wouldn't be able to pass SCCA tech inspection, the top is not the correct top specified by SCCA. It might be able to run in NASA, but I'm not sure on that.

The 2nd car is Don Knowles's 2007 National T2 champ, the 3rd car I don't recognize, but it looks period correct for SCCA.

Since SCCA changed a bunch of the rules a while ago, the GXP seems to fit best in the STU class, but even there it will most likely not be competitive today.

:dunno:

·
Registered
237 Posts

" 2 LITRE TURBO DIRECT INJECTION 300WHP 300 LBS TORK AT WHEELS WITH PIPING BLOW OFF VAVLE UPGRADES

$25,000 in "custom program engine management" (aka a tune?) and it's only making 300 whp and 300 ft-lbs? Torque should be way higher than that. $20,000 in coilovers? I mean, come on.
He probably has 25000 invested overall. That i can see. Cage, suspension, aero, seats, wheels etc etc would easily add to that

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Mooresville is just down the road from me. Nice.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Just keep in mind that CDN $29,000 for the coupe converts to about $22,300 in USD.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts

He's got about $50k invested....it's a true racecar. The $20k for shocks is probably all of the labor and fabricating so that they would work. As far as the engine goes, he's probably set up for 300hp/300lbs torque as specs for the class of racing he does. And the ECM probably controls that. As far as getting over 300hp on the stock turbo, I was told that you might see 320hp at most....Remember too in racing, his class probably has all sorts of restrictions as to what he can and can't do.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
That 1st car wouldn't be able to pass SCCA tech inspection, the top is not the correct top specified by SCCA. It might be able to run in NASA, but I'm not sure on that.

:dunno:

Hello, interesting. Thats my top, built some more for other SCCA cars and even WRC, no one has raised any concerns about being not specfic for SCCA before. Rules simply state a hard top. The C/F roof that your'e thinking of is far more brittle than ours, not to mention far less areodynamic. But thats why you have a roll cage, lol. Thanks Norm

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Hello, interesting. Thats my top, built some more for other SCCA cars and even WRC, no one has raised any concerns about being not specfic for SCCA before. Rules simply state a hard top. The C/F roof that your'e thinking of is far more brittle than ours, not to mention far less areodynamic. But thats why you have a roll cage, lol. Thanks Norm
I guess it's all in the rule book, (and it depends on the technical inspectors interpretation of the rules). In my region of the SCCA, I don't think your top would be allowed.

SCCA GCR March 2016: said:
Pontiac Solstice: May use hardtop GM PCS-0664 or equivalent aftermarket.

T1 - May use hardtop GM PCS-0664 or equivalent aftermarket.

T2 - Detachable hardtop GM part #PCS-0664 shall be installed and convertible top shall be removed. Any aftermarket top allowed, if material, size, shape and weight are the same as the factory top.

T3 - Detachable hardtop GM part #PCS-0664 shall be installed and convertible top shall be removed. Any aftermarket top allowed, if material, size, shape and weight are the same as the factory top.

GT2/ST - Pontiac Solstice: May use hardtop GM PCS-0664 or equivalent aftermarket.

STU - May use hardtop GM PCS-0664 or equivalent aftermarket.

STL - May use hardtop GM PCS-0664 or equivalent aftermarket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts