Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people plan to actually open the door of their Solstice - as opposed to hopping in with the old one-hand-on-the-windscreen, one-hand-on-the-seatback, slip-right-in technique?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Definitely open the door. My short legs wont allow for the stretch, nor would I want to damage or hurt any interior component.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Danno said:
How many people plan to actually open the door of their Solstice - as opposed to hopping in with the old one-hand-on-the-windscreen, one-hand-on-the-seatback, slip-right-in technique?
ill be shaving the handles, so im sure people will think ill need to hop the door, but i definitely plan on opening it. i really dont want any extra wear than i need to.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm too old to be jumpin' around... I'll use the door, thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think I will be jumping in. I would much rather use the door than mess up the interior. Shaving the doors? That might look great. How much would that cost?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
only when the handles ice up and the top is down.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I dunno...from the top of the door to the seat, it looks to be a long ways down. The Solstice passenger positions seem to surround and protect the passengers with car structure, so rather than sitting "in" the car, the occupants are kind of sitting "amidst" the car.

I think I'll leave the fancy convertible entries to Austin Powers, and open the door. First, for my beautiful lady passenger, of course. :)

It would be nice to have the power windows roll down at the touch of a fob button, so you could reach in and open the door - no handprints, no fingerprints!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Low as this thing sits, may be able to step in...Less sexy, but I weigh 290 pounds, be lucky to get my fat boody behind the wheel!! :brentil:

I'm just hoping I will be able to flop my left arm out the window and steer. All the pics I've seen show only the head showing above the sill?!

·
Registered
67 Posts
the car looks cool enough as it is. i don't need to be "that guy" who is so cool to jump in the car to make heads turn. everyone will be staring at the sol anyway.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I won't want to screw up my leather, I don't think I could being over 6' anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
At my age I need to use the doors to enter unless I'm being chased by dogs. Remember the old Magnum PI episode where he is trying to unlock the car door while the dogs are running after him? I still might have to use the door even if there are dogs. I don't know what would be worse, being bitten by a dog or having the fire department have to use a Hurst tool to pry you out after you get stuck face down between the seat and the steering wheel after you catch your foot using the hop-over-the door-technique.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts