Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much reflection, I purchased a 2005 Mustang Convertible. The thought of going on a Sunday drive with only one member of my family was enough to make me get a convertible with a back seat (my son is only 6, so the very limited back seat of the Mustang will not be a problem).

I'd like to think that with 300 hp, I'll be passing you all in Solstices, but what will probably happen is that whenever I see a Sol, I'll slow down, enjoy the Sol's great looks and be a little bit envious that it isn't me driving one.

I didn't mind the Sol having less hp's or waiting another 4 - 6 months before mine arrived. It is purely because of a lack of a back seat that I cancelled my order.

To all of you that are getting one, I wish you lots of sunny days driving with the top down. I'm sure you will all enjoy your new car. If you are ever in Montreal with your Sol and a guy with a wishful look in a red Mustang convertible is following you, it just might be me.

Thank you to everyone who made this forum so much fun.

Signing off.................

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Enjoy Luc, the Mustang is a beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
You'll enjoy your car more with your youngster in the rear view mirror.
Good luck! :seeya:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Spend your time with your son, they grow up too fast. The Mustang is a great car, you shouldn't be disappointed at all. Remember to come back and visit. As they say in the commercial, "We'll leave the light on for you" :seeya:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The Mustang is special to me. It was my first car. When I see an 05 today it brings back happy memories of this car. Enjoy.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
As the song goes, "Happy trails to you, untill we meet again.." :seeya:
Don't be a stranger, you always be one of us! :yesnod:
Instill in him the love of a Solstice, you must,mmm(Yoda voice)
In 10 years, you and he may enjoy one together. :seeya:

But don't regret the Mustang, awesome car!!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Good Luck,
Like the commercial says seen your son's smile in your rear view mirror, "priceless".
Enjoy it, they grow up fast.

·
4,592 Posts
Luc, did you get a convert mustang?????

Enjoy the new ride, it' a great looking car, I can't buy one for the opposite reason, I don't need another big car.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

·
5,600 Posts
Luc said:
To all of you that are getting one, I wish you lots of sunny days driving with the top down. I'm sure you will all enjoy your new car. If you are ever in Montreal with your Sol and a guy with a wishful look in a red Mustang convertible is following you, it just might be me.

Thank you to everyone who made this forum so much fun.

Signing off.................
Signing off? Why? Stick around and watch the madness unfold during the next few months. :crazy:

You made the right choice. Your children are going love riding in that Mustang! If I weren't buying a dedicated sports car, I would probably have gotten a Mustang convertible. I do believe it loses a bit on looks compared to the coupe's racy fastback. But the convertible top looks and operates great and the rear window seems huge for a convertible.

Good choice. I know you are going to love your car. Now, what color is it and did you get it for MSRP?

So, what's stopping you from adding a Solstice in a few years? :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Luc, You made the right decision. My step-son is in the Marines now, traded in my Miata 7 years ago on a Taurus so I would have a family car. Had some of our best (and worst ;) ) times in that car...AS A FAMILY.
In 12 years or so, the solstice will still be around, badder then ever. Call it a "Graduation Gift" for Daddy, and pass down the 'stang. See ya on the road!! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Luc, have fun with the Mustang and your family. But don't go away completely. I can't imagine a Mustang forum as fun as this place.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Luc, I owned and wrecked a '68 Mustang. Good thing I ordered the Solstice, there's a sharp Mustang Convertible out front of a Ford dealership on my way home from work!
Enjoy your car. Was your Sosltice a First 1000? If so, you've made someone on the waiting list VERY happy!!!! :willy: :willy: :willy: :yesnod:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't blame you a bit. That new Mustang is very nice looking. I'd buy one if it wasn't a Ford. :devil:

·
4,592 Posts
jimbo said:
Signing off? Why? Stick around and watch the madness unfold during the next few months. :crazy:

So, what's stopping you from adding a Solstice in a few years? :lol:
Good point! I've gotten a new roadster since joining this forum, but I haven't ruled out a Solstice in my future :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RODEO said:
Luc, did you get a convert mustang?????

Enjoy the new ride, it' a great looking car, I can't buy one for the opposite reason, I don't need another big car.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
Yes I did.

I guess getting the Mustang was my destiny. I was born on the same day that it was introduced to the public 41 years ago. My dog's name is Shelby (indirectly named after Carol Shelby, designer of the original Mustang).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
crj1949 said:
Luc, I owned and wrecked a '68 Mustang. Good thing I ordered the Solstice, there's a sharp Mustang Convertible out front of a Ford dealership on my way home from work!
Enjoy your car. Was your Sosltice a First 1000? If so, you've made someone on the waiting list VERY happy!!!! :willy: :willy: :willy: :yesnod:
I live in Canada and couldn't get one of the first 1000.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jimbo said:

Good choice. I know you are going to love your car. Now, what color is it and did you get it for MSRP?
I might still hang around this forum a bit. I just might not visit quite as much as I have in the past.

I got a red Mustang convertible and did get it at MSRP. I hadn't been following the Mustang very closely and didn't know that the convertible was in such a huge demand until my dealer told me that he found a couple of cars like the one I wanted but that every dealer was asking at least $3000 over MSRP. He eventually found a red convertible at a dealership in Toronto (500 km or 300 miles away). It should arrive this week.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
maui said:
I don't blame you a bit. That new Mustang is very nice looking. I'd buy one if it wasn't a Ford. :devil:
I actually agree with you. I'm 41 and have never lived in a household where GM wasn't the primary car. Except for my PT Cruiser, all of my cars as well as my father's cars have been GM. Being at a Ford dealership was a very strange feeling...kind of like being in the enemy camp ;) . Over time, I'm sure I'll get used to the feeling.

It's a strange feeling getting the Mustang. Part of me is really looking forward to it, but part of me is also mourning the loss of the Solstice.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Was born, raised, and still live in the HEART of the automotive world, I fondly remember the rivalry (friendly?) that arose over our cars. Either you were a GM (mostly Pontiac OR Chevy), OR a FORD (mostly Mustang), OR a DODGE enthusiast. MAN would we rag on each other...to the point were some of us actually went to work for THEIR manufacturer, not just temporarily till we got out of school, and moved on to our chosen careers, NO, THESE GUYS actually stayed for the full monte, "30 and out"...and "retire" at 48,49. Well, here we are!! We are all just hitting 47-48...It's just SO FUNNY...and it goes SO fast...

ENJOY the Mustang... :cool: and most of all your family!! :yesnod:

YOU TRAITOR :lol: ... Can you tell I am a "Pontiac"?? :patriot: :devil:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts