Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Houston area and am officially declaring my intention to help organize a Solstice owners club. EOP or Production, convertable, or eventual coupe, who cares, just people who love their Sol's!!

Nothing quite so eye catching as 20+ of a car parked side by side in a parking lot with crowds admiring them!

SO! Anyone else out there in this forum near Houston interested in getting started?

Come on guys, lets put aside the EOP problems, HP increase wishes, and just admit it. . . the Sol is the best damn good looking affordable car to come out in a long time! lets start organizing our clubs to help let the world know how great they are going to be!!!

:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Thought you meant talking about which golf clubs you're going to be choosing to bring with you in your special Sol-sized "condensed" golf bag. :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sarasota/Tampa bay area

:cool: Not anywhere near Houston, but anybody in my area interested in starting a group let us know.

·
Registered
905 Posts
A Maryland Club might be cool.

·
Registered
89 Posts
anyone in Fla get a First 1000

Just wondering if any one in Florida got a first 1000. The dealer in my area "Tampa Bay" could"nt get to the server until 2:45 and all the cars were gone. Left 5 of us standing there fuming. I still paln on ordering one and would be willing to join a club.

·
Registered
228 Posts
As far as I can tell 2 people got a solstice from this forum in florida. I belive both are north florida though. Which tampa bay dealer?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tampa Bay

Billabongi said:
As far as I can tell 2 people got a solstice from this forum in florida. I belive both are north florida though. Which tampa bay dealer?
Autoway Pontiac GMC in Port Richie
They had five preorders befor the Apprentice show and while me and the others were there at 2:00 pm they took about 8 more orders to put on the wait list. They called GM to complain but were told someone would call them after 24hrs. They had been promised 5 cars, got none.
There was a almost a hostile crowd thinking that they were goint get a car. I had my deposit in 6 mts ago.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My dealer thought they were promised 5 cars too. To bad the cars couldnt be promised.

My dealer got 0 because of a bad computer tech or whatever he was

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Salamander said:
Who wants to volunteer to put all the First 1000 Solstices on a map of the US?
That will be done eventually at Solstice1k.com

Once we have the deliveries start, we can easily track what states have how many at any given time.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Mid west Pennsylvania. Anybody close?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Time to start talking clubs

When I first saw this topic, I thought it was another "Lets show Pontiac how mad we are that we didn't get 1 of the first 1000". Thought we were going to take up clubs and march on GM headquarters.
Guess I was just seeing what I thought it said.
Like Emily Litella from the original Saturday Night Live, "never mind".
;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sarasota

JERRYM said:
Just wondering if any one in Florida got a first 1000. The dealer in my area "Tampa Bay" could"nt get to the server until 2:45 and all the cars were gone. Left 5 of us standing there fuming. I still paln on ordering one and would be willing to join a club.
We got one from Sunset Pontiac in Sarasota. It was due to my wife taking over the dealership and computer and making it "give one up".

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mcbman said:
Seems like I've seen a lot of posts from the Buckeye State...
I'm all for some sort of Club!
Anyone else?
I think a Solstice owner's club would be great and is enevitable. I am near Green Bay, WI anyone in greater Wisconsin area get one?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts