Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, Tin is the traditional 10th anniversary gift (aluminum is also acceptable).

In less than a month, it will be ten years since I got my Solstice - wow, how the time flies. The day I picked her up, it was cold - in fact it snowed and there was salt on the roads :brentil: didn't stop me from putting the top down.

With just over 106k miles and only one major repair (clutch slave cylinder), I really couldn't be much happier with the purchase.

I've had to put two sets of tires on the car, and just replaced the battery this summer. I also replaced the cam advance solenoids.

She's been pretty much put away for the winter. Before Summer, I'll need to do a brake job (yes, still on the original pads) and it looks like I've developed a small coolant leak, so a new water pump is likely in order.

Discounting regular maintenance and operating costs (gas, oil, insurance, tires), I'm at just about 20 cents per mile (with my Dad's GM discount, I paid $20,050 for the car).

I've been from the tip of Michigan's UP (copper harbor), down the Blue Ridge parkway, over the Cherohala Skyway and four times through the Tail of the Dragon :driving: Most all of it with the top down.

God Bless Bob Lutz and all the good people at GM that made this car happen.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Can't Beat the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Cherohala Skyway. :thumbs:
Put's a smile on my face just thinking about all the trips I've taken on motorcycles and in my Solstice on those roads. :)
Nice to see people from all over enjoy these spots too.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't beat Copper Harbor, Eagle River, Eagle Harbor, Great Sand Bay and Brockway Mountain Drive. Roads just made for our vehicles. :yesnod:
Brockway - the name was on the tip on my tongue, thanks.

My oldest son spent four years up at Michigan Tech, so we made a number of trips during those years. Fantastic drives, and if you go early in the summer, lots of hours of daylight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts