Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the "DARK" Blue Solstice and since moving to Las Vegas was thinking about getting the windows tinted. Does the black tint, and what rating, look good? I would be interested to see pictures if anyone has. I also have the tan top, so concerned that black tint will not look so good with the Blue and Tan.
Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I had my side and back windows tinted by Ziebart...the local rust proofing company. I do not remember what darkness it is. I did not want it so dark the cops would be stopping me all the time. My car is black w/black top. I think the tinting will be fine with your color scheme.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
My car is Sly Grey. Here's the look with what they call 20% tint. The next one after that (and the lowest I believe) is 5%. The last picture gives you an idea. I think the number relates to how much light is let in. I bought my car used with the tint, but took it off because I could not see at night. I'm over 50 though, so my eyes are not what they once were. Both pictures of the car are with tint.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Just be aware of your local governmental entities' laws about tinted windows. Really dark tints make law enforcement personnel a little touchy............

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I don't drive at night much, I get home and stay home. I will check out the laws here also.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Great link, 41. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts