Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having trouble getting the right side of my hood to latch. The left side latched fine, but the right side kept up in the air. I didn't want to dent or bend it , couldn't slam it, couldn't get it to shut no matter which side I stood on and I tried to push down in the center always.

I figured the dealer would have to look at it, but I'd look first. There are "U"-shaped loops mounted on each side that snap into a latching system bolted to the engine compartment. Near those loops are black plastic bolts about 1/2" in size that can be turned by hand (or wrench if your weak). I turned the right one clockwise a few turns and the hood shut easily. It was even too low, so I backed the screw out a little and it adjusted the fit nicely.

So.....if you have any problems with the hood surface lining up with the fenders, or with the hood shutting....try it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Thanks, this is just the type of information that the Forum is best at delivering. On point, short, first hand. Bravo!
be careful about making an over ajustment of lowering it, you may cause the hood to contact the fender and chip the paint, you may want to only adjust it one quarter turn at a time...

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Before you move the hood bumper down, make sure the hood is contacting it. This can be done by closing the hood and easily pushing down on the hood over the bumper. If the hood doesn't move, the bumper can be lowered. If the hood moves, it has been torqued out of square and needs to be adjusted by the dealer. My Dad was the foreman of the bodyshop at a GM dealership for 27 years and saw this thing happen all the time even with conventional hoods.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
Before you move the hood bumper down, make sure the hood is contacting it. This can be done by closing the hood and easily pushing down on the hood over the bumper. If the hood doesn't move, the bumper can be lowered. If the hood moves, it has been torqued out of square and needs to be adjusted by the dealer. My Dad was the foreman of the bodyshop at a GM dealership for 27 years and saw this thing happen all the time even with conventional hoods.
really a good idea...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts