Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the price of these tires $$$$$$$$$$

I will be rotating them every 5,000 miles or so...

Does anyone know the proper torque of the lug nuts???

That brings up another question. Is there a Service Manual to purchase for the Solstice?????

Thanks so much

Frank

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Well since they are alloy they should be in the 80-110 fp range, the owner's manual should tell you.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
100 ft*lbs

As far as I know they haven't released the service manual to us "shadetree mechanics" yet.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Here is the web site you want to purchase the manual from:
http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....dule=&mscsid=UNC27EP0M4568PPMVEFS6FS6TPW23P2D

2006 Pontiac Solstice (M-Platform) Service Manual Set
Price: $135.00 Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer. Click here if you would like to be notified when this item becomes available.
(English, Paper, GMP06M)

If you plan to work on the car at all, you will be happy with this manual :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I would like to know this too, since I will be painting my brake calipers as soon as I get my car.

Is it really important to get the exact amount of torque on these lugs, or can you just tighten it by hand until you feel it's about right??

I've changed a lot of tires, but I have never used a torque wrench to check the lugs afterwards.

- bspate -

·
Registered
576 Posts
On many cars if you do not torque the wheels at the proper spec you can warp the rotors. This will can a pulsing effect when you apply the brakes. Buying new rotors can get expensive. Recommend using a good torque wrench. :yesnod:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Critterman was right...

I just downloaded the owners manual from WWW.mygmlink.com
and it does list the Torque at
100 Ft/lbs.
Nice round number to remember..

The link for the service manual is a great find!!!

thanks!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.