Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are not aware.

Your dealer can ( and should ) be able to change your tires upon delivery of your car. Therefor you do not have to "burn off the tread " like GMT73 has indicated
Certain restrictions apply. Biggest one is that the car must have less than 50 miles on it and the sipes still show on the tires.
You will be charged. But you will get credit for the RS-A
So...for example ....your F-1's which list at $212.00 might only cost you $112.00 with the "trade in" .
Check with your dealer BEFORE you drive it off the lot.

CAVEAT I strongly suggest against this. Your car is tuned to those RS-A's.
I have done OE changeover's in the past and the ride ( and balance ) are different. I'd run out the RS-A's and then change over once the car has settled in and the Factory Tuning has "disappeared"

Your call...just letting you know you have options out there !!!

peace in the valley

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
druid-2 said:
For those of you who are not aware.

Your dealer can ( and should ) be able to change your tires upon delivery of your car. Therefor you do not have to "burn off the tread " like GMT73 has indicated
Certain restrictions apply. Biggest one is that the car must have less than 50 miles on it and the sipes still show on the tires.
You will be charged. But you will get credit for the RS-A
So...for example ....your F-1's which list at $212.00 might only cost you $112.00 with the "trade in" .
Check with your dealer BEFORE you drive it off the lot.

CAVEAT I strongly suggest against this. Your car is tuned to those RS-A's.
I have done OE changeover's in the past and the ride ( and balance ) are different. I'd run out the RS-A's and then change over once the car has settled in and the Factory Tuning has "disappeared"

Your call...just letting you know you have options out there !!!

peace in the valley
Changed tires on our Monte Carlo to goodyear racing tires they only had the yellow available, this is the best driving car I have ever had. It beats my Caddy Seville. But thats not the Solstice either. They had a hard time getting the tires that would be good with the Monte Carlo, but it worked out great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
druid-2 said:
Therefor you do not have to "burn off the tread " like GMT73 has indicated

ahem.. it's GHM73 thanks :)

and it was just a figure of speech, but yeah I prefer BFG's over any Goodyear tire. Just personal preference and experience.

I'll use the Goodyears until they wear out. I used to love Goodyears, but I've had too many bad experiences with them so it's a soured relationship. Like I said, just personal preference.

Thanks for the info!! that's why I love this forum. Info galore!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey deluke...you never said where you live

would it be Nebraska ??? (I have a reason for asking)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
druid-2 said:
hey deluke...you never said where you live

would it be Nebraska ??? (I have a reason for asking)
No, Ct. I didn't think I would like the yellow to begin with, but I know I didn't the black. The yellow gets more compliments then you can believe. And they are a great tire. But we put the car away for the winter so it still looks brand new but it's 5 years old,less than 25,000 miles.I love this car, I'm taking this one over and my husband will drive the solstice most of the time, me I'll drive the Solstice on weekends.

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was in West Hartford last weekend

had I only known ......

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
druid-2 said:
I was in West Hartford last weekend

had I only known ......
I'll tell you I love the Monte expecially with those tires now, and it';s the best driving car I have ever been in. But it is the SS.I never take my Caddy, save that one for winter.I think it drives better then my sister's BMW and SL500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts