Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a day ago that my rear tires are rubbing the plastic in the rear wells. The portion between door and the tire. The black plastic has a section that stick out towards the tires and they rub whenever the wheels compress.

·
5,641 Posts
ESB said:
I just noticed a day ago that my rear tires are rubbing the plastic in the rear wells. The portion between door and the tire. The black plastic has a section that stick out towards the tires and they rub whenever the wheels compress.
You are going to probably have the dealership check that out. But you can do a couple quick checks yourself. First off take a look at the rear suspension and see if you see any loose or damaged components. Then you want to make sure the rear inner fender is secure in the fender well. The final thing to check is the distance between the front of the rear tire and the inner fender. If there is less than 10 mm between the front of the rear tire and the inner fender well, it may need the rear caster adjusted. Dealerships should have the required tool and instructions, if needed

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Small Dealer said:
You are going to probably have the dealership check that out. But you can do a couple quick checks yourself. First off take a look at the rear suspension and see if you see any loose or damaged components. Then you want to make sure the rear inner fender is secure in the fender well. The final thing to check is the distance between the front of the rear tire and the inner fender. If there is less than 10 mm between the front of the rear tire and the inner fender well, it may need the rear caster adjusted.
:thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts