Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
How did this exciting story end?
I am on the verge of buying a Tech-2 scanner but maybe the VcxNano is a better and cheaper option?
ALLSCANNER | Shenzhen AllScanner Tech Co., Ltd

Status update. So I put the factory stereo back in, and bingo TIS2000 worked perfectly. It came back and asked for the part number, I put in my radio, and there was an update to the factory programming, so it's applying that now. Next I'll try the other newer radio (panasonic vs delphi) to see what happens. My current guess is that when the vehicle reports back its inventory, TIS2000 only goes up to 2008, so the 09 parts aren't in the database and it chokes and throws an error. But since my laptop & Tech2 are working fine, I should be able to purchase the SPS programing with TIS2Web and program those newer radios. We'll see.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@kjelle69

It all worked out in the end. I can't remember which radio I used (Panasonic or Delphi), but its the one that let me keep my red led face plate so it looks totally factory. To program it, I did need to spend another $39 (or whatever the cost is) to add another VIN. But that was only because the part isn't in the programming database for my model year. The Tech 2 itself has been great. I recently used it to pair a new key fob to the vehicle.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts