Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked Tivo tonight and saw a Pontiac advertisement link on the Main Menu page. It was a 20 sec commercial on upcoming Pontiacs :willy: culminating in the Solstice. I requested more information using the link provided. Using Tivo, I was able to slow-motion on the Solstice shots. The interior looks like the beige two-tone leather option - much better detailing than some of the show pictures I have seen. I think it might be a production model. No top up picture. The car looks great in slow-motion on a big screen. Hopefully, someone can post the commercial for all to enjoy.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I've captured it, just waiting to hear from RODEO to see if he wants to host it or not. It's short and semi-sweet. Looks like footage from the old Pontiac "Stunts" info-mercial. It's just the cars sitting still with the camera panning around them. For some reason, my TiVo is cropping out the first and last two seconds. No big deal since there's nothing really there to see except a little bit of the lead-in and lead-out.

If RODEO doesn't wanna host it, would anyone else like to?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Is that the commercial that shows different 3 angles of the body and one shot of the interior? That one was broadcast on the Chicago auto show.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
It's a pan-around from a rear 3/4 shot toward the rear, then a close up of the right front headlight, panning around toward the front, then an interior shot from above panning counter-clockwise. Maybe 4 seconds of Solstice footage during a 20-second clip. It's set to the Clash's (or is it the Ramones? I should be shot for not knowing) "Should I Stay or Should I Go."

What are they trying to do there? Not lose the customers that are ready to give up on GM?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Well, our latent troll shows up as "on-line," but I guess he hasn't noticed my PM. I gotta go to work now. Maybe it'll be up later on this afternoon.

Say, is there anything illegal about capturing a GM commercial and posting it on-line? I doubt they would mind, but they're kinda funny about laws, it seems. Don't want any thugs showing up at my door :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Well, our latent troll shows up as "on-line," but I guess he hasn't noticed my PM. I gotta go to work now. Maybe it'll be up later on this afternoon.

Say, is there anything illegal about capturing a GM commercial and posting it on-line? I doubt they would mind, but they're kinda funny about laws, it seems. Don't want any thugs showing up at my door :lol:
Send them a rate sheet for advertising it on your site. Also send them an invoice for times posted, if they pay you're golden. If they send a hit squad...BTW, commercials are like printed material, copyrighted and permission required for reprint or rebroadcast "without the express written permission of ..."

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
2KWK4U said:
It's a pan-around from a rear 3/4 shot toward the rear, then a close up of the right front headlight, panning around toward the front, then an interior shot from above panning counter-clockwise. Maybe 4 seconds of Solstice footage during a 20-second clip. It's set to the Clash's (or is it the Ramones? I should be shot for not knowing) "Should I Stay or Should I Go."

What are they trying to do there? Not lose the customers that are ready to give up on GM?
This sounds like the advertisement I saw for local dealers during the Superbowl. I haven't seen the commercial again since, but this is what I remember from it...

I have DirecTV's TiVo so I don't get those ads on mine otherwise I'd pull it off my box to post up.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'll have to remember to take a look at my TiVo tonight and see if that's still on there. Awesome!!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
rlhammon said:
I have DirecTV's TiVo so I don't get those ads on mine otherwise I'd pull it off my box to post up.
Me too. Maybe mine's a newer box or something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the DirecTV with TiVo. You can find it by selecting blue DirecTV button on the remote. From there select showcases and look for the Pontiac emblem.

At least this is what worked for me. You and I could have a different receiver.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Welcome jessler.

Found it on my Series2 TiVo last night. It's a very quick shot of one of the show cars. Pre-XM atena model. They pan around it some. Myabe 5-10 seconds of footage. Looked nice of course, but not as good as when I saw it in person. I don't think anythings going to compare with that till I see someone drive it, drive it myself, or see footage of it going around a track.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
jessler said:
I have the DirecTV with TiVo. You can find it by selecting blue DirecTV button on the remote. From there select showcases and look for the Pontiac emblem.

At least this is what worked for me. You and I could have a different receiver.
Thanks.. I don't have Showcases on my Series 2 DirecTV TiVo box. I've done some "work" to my box's software and apparently don't have this as a result. Not a bad thing though in my opinion, but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have an old Sony series one, and I usually get the feature ads, but I never got the Pontiac one. :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts