Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote about our dealership not requiring over list on factory orders. I need to clarify that statement. If one were to place an order with us at this time there will be no market adjustment!!! That meaning one would place order and wait for it's arrival. This will also give one first shot on any previouly place orders that are not "deliverable"(meaning the individual that originally placed the order does not take it). Those vehicles, which will be far and few between, WILL REQUIRE A PREMIUM($3000 over list is our goal). Unfortunately this is due to the ole supply and demand issues with this car. As I said in my previous post I me be helpful to a few!!! Others will snicker and say typical car dealer. I just work here! lol

On a serious note I do need to make a living and somebody that has yet been able to get their hands on one I am positive that I will have avaiable units.

The only unaccounted so far is mysterious listing for @$24,800. It happens to be the original order of the folks that moved up the line to get the first "undeliverable to the original orderer". Their original order is not expected to arrive until after the first of the year, but as I'm sure most have seen the delivery dates are a guess at best. Just a side note so noone feels like they are the only one to "pay a premium" to be the first, it cost the individual $1750 to move up in line. Ahhh, free enterprise, supply and demand, all on top of one inexpensive sexy car!! lol Somebody pinch me!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
sounds like you are using this forum to round up some sales. Nothing like that free advertisement. Good old supply and demand? Call it that if you want I call it greed and gouge. No thanks we will look for dealers that sell for MSRP!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It's all about customer service.......

Yeah, when all the hype is over, the forum members will remember the scank dealers that suck the blood out of harmless buyers. What would you prefer, a one time sucker or a lifetime customer?

Disclaimer: This is not directed at Small Dealer or Cadillacricket. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm in sales too (not car sales), so I understand what you're saying, but I'm in the situation you described above. My dealer gave me the same price as the original purchaser. Yes, that was no mark up from MSRP. I know you guys aren't making jack off this car, but I'm definitely buying my next car from this same guy instead of another dealer. That's what makes him his money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$3000.00 Markup?

I am glad I shoped around the dealer I ended up with will only charge MSRP, nice folks to. So does supply and demand still count? Or just how your dealership wants to do busness with the public. I learned alot from the people on this forum, and I hope others will pay attention also. :)

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
no_cigar said:
I wrote about our dealership not requiring over list on factory orders. I need to clarify that statement. If one were to place an order with us at this time there will be no market adjustment!!! That meaning one would place order and wait for it's arrival. This will also give one first shot on any previouly place orders that are not "deliverable"(meaning the individual that originally placed the order does not take it). Those vehicles, which will be far and few between, WILL REQUIRE A PREMIUM($3000 over list is our goal). Unfortunately this is due to the ole supply and demand issues with this car. As I said in my previous post I me be helpful to a few!!! Others will snicker and say typical car dealer. I just work here! lol

On a serious note I do need to make a living and somebody that has yet been able to get their hands on one I am positive that I will have avaiable units.

The only unaccounted so far is mysterious listing for @$24,800. It happens to be the original order of the folks that moved up the line to get the first "undeliverable to the original orderer". Their original order is not expected to arrive until after the first of the year, but as I'm sure most have seen the delivery dates are a guess at best. Just a side note so noone feels like they are the only one to "pay a premium" to be the first, it cost the individual $1750 to move up in line. Ahhh, free enterprise, supply and demand, all on top of one inexpensive sexy car!! lol Somebody pinch me!!!!
I’m doing business with a dealer in NH. They are treating me so good that I went down today and bought my wife a new Vibe AWD loaded.
I wouldn’t buy crap from you.
:glol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really nice and real bad for bussiness!! especialy since the uper management at pontiac has asked all dealers not to mark up the car becuase thay are trying to make a comeback and save your job and your co-workers. this car is the basis of thier plan to recover. to bad your dealership is trying to put pontiac out of bussiness and then know one will have the car

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
I'm in sales too (not car sales), so I understand what you're saying, but I'm in the situation you described above. My dealer gave me the same price as the original purchaser. Yes, that was no mark up from MSRP. I know you guys aren't making jack off this car, but I'm definitely buying my next car from this same guy instead of another dealer. That's what makes him his money.
There making enough with all the add on's !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts