Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...how high are we on the VIN's? (A number 1 first allocation Sol doesn't have a VIN yet. :(
Do we have any over 2100 yet?

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Duner said:
Just curious...how high are we on the VIN's? (A number 1 first allocation Sol doesn't have a VIN yet. :(
Do we have any over 2100 yet?

1st allocation cars have the same series as preprod cars. They start with 100 not 000. Mine is 100958.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did Chemist get vin # 2001?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry........I KNEW someone had it...............wish I had VIN # 2002!............or any VIN.............

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SunSports said:
Chemist just recently ordered his car. I would be surprised if he had a vin# yet.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
SunSports said:
Chemist is more likely in line for VIN # 12001 (if he's lucky!) as he just placed his order least week! :yesnod: :lol: :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
Registered
472 Posts
Chemist..............what have ya been waitin fo..................

·
Registered
9 Posts

I just got a call yesturday from my dealer. He said that I am 1151 and by the way it will be here Friday!!!
I ordered back in April.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
SunSports said:
Chemist..............what have ya been waitin fo..................
Well, I have been (still am) trying to save at least $12,000 to pay up front so I don't have to finance too much. If I have that much saved by May (my best geusstimate as when it will arrive in Texas), I can pay the rest off in two years (or less?).

Truth be told, I spent so stinkin' much time on this forum reading about this car, I finally just went out and ordered one! :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Chemist said:
Well, I have been (still am) trying to save at least $12,000 to pay up front so I don't have to finance too much. If I have that much saved by May (my best geusstimate as when it will arrive in Texas), I can pay the rest off in two years (or less?).

Truth be told, I spent so stinkin' much time on this forum reading about this car, I finally just went out and ordered one! :yesnod:

--Chemist
Yeah, coming here is like being in the eye of a storm. You're in deep trouble and you don't realize it until it's too late.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
petehu said:
I just got a call yesturday from my dealer. He said that I am 1151 and by the way it will be here Friday!!!
I ordered back in April.
Where are you from? My dealer says the same thing. I guess we'll see.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
petehu said:
I ordered back in April.
Unless you're in Ohio that's probably an error.

My invoice says my car will be arriving TODAY, but I know it's still in Ohio as of Tuesday. I know for sure it's not making it from Ohio to FL in two days either. According to the invoice paperwork it was originally shceduled to ship out on Sept 9th when my car was built Sept 8th and then arrive Septh 29th. In reality though our cars sat around waiting for the EOP guys to get shipped out so in reality my car didn't ship until Sept 26th because of that. I expect ~20 days till my car arrives, so around Oct 14th maybe for me?

·
Registered
271 Posts
brentil said:
Unless you're in Ohio that's probably an error.

My invoice says my car will be arriving TODAY, but I know it's still in Ohio as of Tuesday. I know for sure it's not making it from Ohio to FL in two days either. According to the invoice paperwork it was originally shceduled to ship out on Sept 9th when my car was built Sept 8th and then arrive Septh 29th. In reality though our cars sat around waiting for the EOP guys to get shipped out so in reality my car didn't ship until Sept 26th because of that. I expect ~20 days till my car arrives, so around Oct 14th maybe for me?
I am 1836 and invoice says delivery date 10/12/05.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
I am 1836 and invoice says delivery date 10/12/05.
I called my dealer last week to see what the status was on my vehicle. Ended up I had to call Pontiac Customer Service. They called the dealer and finally was able to get a Order #, but no VIN #. The dealer called me back with the order # and told me it was released to be built, but no TPW. Told me to call back next week to see if they have a TPW. Called yesterday and left a message. They just called me. They called Pontiac to check on a build date and found out they were just invoiced and my car has been built. It is supposed to be delivered on Oct 5. VIN #1956. I was born in 1957. So Close.

·
Registered
271 Posts
spyderone said:
I called my dealer last week to see what the status was on my vehicle. Ended up I had to call Pontiac Customer Service. They called the dealer and finally was able to get a Order #, but no VIN #. The dealer called me back with the order # and told me it was released to be built, but no TPW. Told me to call back next week to see if they have a TPW. Called yesterday and left a message. They just called me. They called Pontiac to check on a build date and found out they were just invoiced and my car has been built. It is supposed to be delivered on Oct 5. VIN #1956. I was born in 1957. So Close.
Where are you to be delivered so quickly? What day was it made? Mine was made on 9/22.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Before people get excited right now I suggest taking and adding 2 weeks to any current suggested delivery date. I think the system is putting dates in based off some previous assumptions, but they got skewed by EOP cars still needing to be delivered. This way if the car does arrive early you're happy, instead of expecting them to arrive on the current printed dates.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts