Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do you think it was well worth the wait??? I have had mine ordered since April, Told it has been shipped Sept 12.Have any of you had any major problems ,something the rest of us should be aware of??? And would you buy another one if you wanted to wait again? :grouphug:
Aggressive :cool:

·
Registered
369 Posts
My wife and I ordered out in April too, and from what I have heard from others that have their car, and I got to sit in one and look it over I think it will be worth the wait. Besides that the longer we wait hopefully Pontiac will have alot of the bugs worked out of the car.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My car has been fantastic. The power is great, the styling is always turning heads, the ride is exhilarating and the gas mileage is even acceptable (avg.25). My problems have all been very small and corrected quickly by the dealer, even the ones I created myself. I wouldn't think twice about ordering another one. :cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
My car has been fantastic. The power is great, the styling is always turning heads, the ride is exhilarating and the gas mileage is even acceptable (avg.25). My problems have all been very small and corrected quickly by the dealer, even the ones I created myself. I wouldn't think twice about ordering another one. :cool:
I know this will sound strange, and you may have loads of money, but if you were granted a wish of receiving any car, would you still wait on the Sol or would you go with something else? Just wondering......

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I've waiting for the Sol since last fall. I was looking at a Porsche but chose the Sol instead. I really feel I made the right decision.

·
Registered
288 Posts
mssleepr said:
I know this will sound strange, and you may have loads of money, but if you were granted a wish of receiving any car, would you still wait on the Sol or would you go with something else? Just wondering......
Well, of course if I could get any car for free, I would probably take a $200,000 ferrari or some other exotic.

But, in all honesty, I would take the Solstice over just about any other car $50,000 and under. It really does exceed all expectations.

Flagg

·
Registered
233 Posts
Flagg said:
Well, of course if I could get any car for free, I would probably take a $200,000 ferrari or some other exotic.

But, in all honesty, I would take the Solstice over just about any other car $50,000 and under. It really does exceed all expectations.

Flagg
Thanks Flagg and Ex-Miata Man for your comments. Since I haven't seen one in person, it is so hard to visualize it, and with the lack of communication from GM I have seriously debated whether to get another car. I'll at least wait now until I see it in person. :yesnod: And from the sound of it, I'll be hooked.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Wait for your Sol

Mos def you will love your car! Emotionally it is similar to a Mini Cooper or Corvette, of which I have had 4. The body shape is evocative of a classic Ferrari or 356. The cabin and seats are intimate and caressing. The transmission is a delight - do not get the automatic. Even the radio knobs feel great. The chopped windshield and curved side windows are classic designs and the exhaust note is perfect. Driving should be limited to twisty roads for maximum enjoyment.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thanks to everyone who answered my call. From what you have said it well be worth my wait. Just hoping I will get it before the snow falls or I will be the crazy lady with the roof down,winter coat /hat and the heater going full blast. We had 2 on display at our Calgary Stampede in July a Red and a Blue. They were both fabulous to look at, and i kept saying to my husband all those people looking at my future car are all just jealous that they will not get to driving my new baby when I recieve it. I will have a small parade following me all over town trying to find out what kind of car it is. The other day I had 2 guys honk and waive at me in my husbands car while I was driving it(99 Corvette Convert). I looked over at my hubby and told him to get use to it. As Sols future and present owners how we LOVE to brag about our new toys :cool: ;)
Aggressive all the way

·
Registered
152 Posts
65MGB said:
Ferrari or 356.
I can attest to that. Having seen an Aggressive one yesterday in person, it really does evoke the classic italian roadster. It's just plain gorgeous! Although I'd say more 550 than 356 :)

·
2,574 Posts
mssleepr said:
Thanks Flagg and Ex-Miata Man for your comments. Since I haven't seen one in person, it is so hard to visualize it, and with the lack of communication from GM I have seriously debated whether to get another car. I'll at least wait now until I see it in person. :yesnod: And from the sound of it, I'll be hooked.
Mss, You are only half way there. Just wait till you try to remove the silly grin that will come across your face when you first see one, knowing that you are getting one. I saw others like myself with these stupid grins walking around half the day at a Ride and Drive. You know you look silly but you just can't stop. Remember this when it happens to you. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Phila area and still awaiting my ride. I just called my Dealer, he states that my Car is BUILT . I asked if he could hold till I got a pen to write down the VIN number. He claims he doesn't have one....yet. What's the story.Anybody getting the same?

PURE SOL- w/o onstar

·
Registered
42 Posts
birdliver said:
Mss, You are only half way there. Just wait till you try to remove the silly grin that will come across your face when you first see one, knowing that you are getting one. I saw others like myself with these stupid grins walking around half the day at a Ride and Drive. You know you look silly but you just can't stop. Remember this when it happens to you. :lol:
good, i'm prepared for just that. my dealer called me to come see one saturday. i already had one of those goofy grins just hearing about it! :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
It was definitely worth the wait. I feel sorry for the people who gave up too soon and settled for something else. Our car (at one time it was cdb's car) arrived in flawless condition and drives beautifully. cdb's only problem is now I want it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
wife of cdb said:
It was definitely worth the wait. I feel sorry for the people who gave up too soon and settled for something else. Our car (at one time it was cdb's car) arrived in flawless condition and drives beautifully. cdb's only problem is now I want it.
Someone should create a bumpersticker for those people - "I could have had a Solstice, but I couldn't wait"

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
The Wife and I looked at a SLK 350, then we looked at the 350 Z (something about 350??). Didn't need either! Then watched the Apprentice - had to have it!
We have #781. Still waiting. Last status - in Lordstown, Ohio as of 9/24.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I agree with the others. I had been waiting for this car since February of last year, and I can tell you it was worth it for me. This car suits me perfectly. This will sound crazy to most on this forum, but would rather have this car than any other roadster being made at this time regardless of price. The low cost is just icing on the cake.

Don't give up people. Wait for it. There's nothing like this car. There are lots of roadsters out there that are faster, or quiter, or fancier or whatever-er, but trust me, there is nothing like this car out there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Something about this car...you just grin from the moment you get in. It's not cute, it's not macho, it's not anything but beautiful and just right. I feel sorry for anyone who has a chance to get one and passes it up :cool:

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a Crossfire roadster that I have been driving while waiting for my Solstice. I am ready to get "Back To Bascis" in my new roadster! I have been waiting to sit in the seat of my new Sol or over a year. A few extra weeks will just make it that much sweeter!!

Congrats to all that have gotten to have that experience already. I can hardly wait to join you, but will continue to be patient.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.