Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think by adding a wing to the trunk lid would work something simple but that looks nice and not to big

·
5,600 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! :brentil:

Obviously, you can put a replica wing from a Fokker Triplane on the back of your Solstice if you want to. As for me, GM FINALLY builds a car that has NO extraneous garbage on it - absolutely none - just a smooth gorgeous sexy car body like a second skin and you want to add a useless tacky cosmetic wing to it. Right now I am out of my chair, I have moved to the living rooom wall and I am doing this ====> :banghead: over and over again in a violent manner.

Please, NO wing! Dear merciful god in heaven, if there is any justice in this world please, please, please, please, puuuuleeeeeeez.... NO WING!!!!!! :smash:

And I thought I was nuts! :crazy:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Golden!

:lol:

Slowandlow, you kill me sometimes but that one takes the cake. I'm still chuckling at the image of a wing on the rear deck lid. Where do you get this stuff? Thanks for the laugh.

Oh, wait. . .

·
Registered
281 Posts
While my first knee-jerk reaction is "Heck no, I don't think a wing would look good," I'm open minded. Draw me a picture. I can imagine a crescent-shaped wing might pick up the body lines in a nice way, but I dunno, I'd have to see it, first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
PLEASE NO WING, we are not driving a 1988 honda civic. besides a wing only adds 10 horsepower lol hahahahahahaha

·
5,600 Posts
The Batman said:
While my first knee-jerk reaction is "Heck no, I don't think a wing would look good," I'm open minded. Draw me a picture. I can imagine a crescent-shaped wing might pick up the body lines in a nice way, but I dunno, I'd have to see it, first.
Open minded or not, the rear deck of the Solstice is so relatively high, a wing would mimic a '60s-era Chapparal Can Am car. It would be well above your head. Also, the high rear deck already detracts from rearward visibility. Add a wing with any slope to it at all and you will be hard pressed to see anything out the back end. JMHO. But like you said, a photochopped view from behind might be worth more than my 1000 words.

Who started this whole wing fiasco anyway? I remember back when a raised lip on the rear end was cool. Was it the Mitsubishi that had the 1st wings or what? Clearly a Japanese introduction I think. I sure as heck don't remember Corvettes running around with wings on them.

And why do I keep calling it a wing? It is a rear deck spoiler. Ugh. I need some sleep. :willy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealer when he was running down the options I wanted got the same reaction from me when he mentioned a luggage rack for the back lid. Why would I ever want to mess up those sexy curves and lines with anything so silly. Might as well dress Angelina Jolie in a suit of armor. :willy:

·
Registered
121 Posts
jimbo said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! :brentil:

Obviously, you can put a replica wing from a Fokker Triplane on the back of your Solstice if you want to. As for me, GM FINALLY builds a car that has NO extraneous garbage on it - absolutely none - just a smooth gorgeous sexy car body like a second skin and you want to add a useless tacky cosmetic wing to it. Right now I am out of my chair, I have moved to the living rooom wall and I am doing this ====> :banghead: over and over again in a violent manner.

Please, NO wing! Dear merciful god in heaven, if there is any justice in this world please, please, please, please, puuuuleeeeeeez.... NO WING!!!!!! :smash:

And I thought I was nuts! :crazy:
Tell us how you really feel now Jimbo! ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am not saying putting a surfe bord on the rear deck lid just something tastefullmaybe something like on the grand prix the little one between the tail lights.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
IMO don't think a wing would look good on a car with so many curves.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you want a kappa with all that gaudy useless junk all over it, buy a Saturn Sky.:banghead:

They put so much junk on that, it so freakin tacky. A spoiler would work for that.

What the hell are those 2 chrome patches on the hood for (Sky)? they look like giant chrome popsicle sticks.

Your missing the whole point of this car if your are even CONSIDERING such a thing.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Anyone puting any extraneous, tacky crap on this car should be shot on sight and then brought before this forum and shot again! Said crap includes: wings, feathers, stripes, babooshkas, condoms, phallic symbols, flags, pennants, stickers, streamers, extra lites, banners, scoops, antennae balls, spinners, posters, bobble head dolls, etc. With the Solstice as with many things in life less is more and simpler is better.

KEEP THE SOLSTICE A PURE, CLEAN BEAUTY; LET UNDERSTATEMENT RULE!

·
Registered
462 Posts
You mean I can't put those cool lights under my car?

He He.... Kidding - of course.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Come on guys, you can be a little less harsh about this. You're all assuming über mecha godzilla wing, when as he clarified later he was refering to more of a low down body wrap wing. Like the ones on the Miata, or you can get for the Corvette (an official GM one at that), and Grand Prix.

Personally I've though about this exact same type of spoiler myself. Personally I was hopping GM would make one as an official addon, but if they don't I might look into designing one myself. If you want to compete in the Miata market, you need to provide like addons for people who want them. I mean come on, GM makes an official one for the Corvette, and Mazda for the Miata, what's so wrong with one on the Solstice if it's done tastefully like slowandlow said.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think it would have to look like the spoiler on the Sunfire to fit with the curves, and even still, it wouldn't look right. The car was designed a specific way. Their isn't a straightline on it, and the only seams are those of the paneling. I think any alteration would interupt the flow and screw the whole package.

http://tanetane92.web.infoseek.co.jp/20050116tas2.html

·
Registered
766 Posts
Appealing to all of the gods of good taste, I pray that no one will screw around with the beautifull curves on the one of kind trunks this car has :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
462 Posts
brentil said:
Come on guys, you can be a little less harsh about this.
Sorry, I think I mis-understood. When I hear wing I think off those HUGE stupid looking wings.

If we're talking spoilers maybe we should edit the thread title.... ??

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I'd have to really see some ideas. My initial reaction would be that it wouldn't look good, basically because of the double hoops on the top of the decklid. From behind it would look like you put a bridge across the valley between them!

However, I'd have to see some pics/photoshops of specific examples to really give an honest opinion. A small lip spoiler may not be so bad.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts