Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd like to own any of those, even the Aztek (it's starting to grow on me for the same reason some folks like the looks of old Volvos).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, it looks like that list is 2 years old. Still, I have to question the logic of putting some of the cars on the list. The only negative they mentioned about the Solstice was that sales fell off in 2008. Whose sales didn't? That was early in the great recession and I imagine a lot of people hesitated buying cars in 2008. By that logic, most models made in 2008 are flops and will be collectible. ;)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Yeah, it looks like that list is 2 years old. Still, I have to question the logic of putting some of the cars on the list. The only negative they mentioned about the Solstice was that sales fell off in 2008. Whose sales didn't? That was early in the great recession and I imagine a lot of people hesitated buying cars in 2008. By that logic, most models made in 2008 are flops and will be collectible. ;)
Because this car is a toy, a luxury, an emotional buy, it is very hard to justify buying, when all you need is a car. I'm sure that sales of this little bomb plummeted much faster and harder than the sales of say a Corolla. Even though the economy was going into the toilet, people still bought cars, becuase they are viewed as necessities. Just not this one.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
I'd like to own any of those, even the Aztek (it's starting to grow on me for the same reason some folks like the looks of old Volvos).
I have two of the cars on that list in my garage, a Solstice and an Aztek. The Aztek is one of the best vehicles we've ever owned, and the Solstice is the most fun.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts