Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new tonneau cover for the Solstice that was actually for a Sky. Did a dry fit as seen in the photo and seems to fit as it should.

But...the drivers side rear snap template is not the correct shape, I imagine due to the fact it is for a Sky body. Does anyone have a copy of the Solstice template you could send me? I suppose I could measure and drill but would rather have the correct template.

The template for the front of the doors looks good.

The snap for the passenger side rear interferes with the radio antenna base. Does this actually need to be stretched forwards or should I have my local upholstery guy modify this corner of the tonneau?

Windshield photo looks good to me but gotta ask...due to clip in place, vents and upper part of dash not protected. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
The kit for my Solstice included this metal piece to be installed under the radio antenna on the passenger's side.

Instructions tell you to not park going downhill. The roll under the front of the cover keeps it elevated a bit and against the glass of the windshield which covers the AC vents.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Riggs,
I have and this is the only one I have the "left rear template" paper cut out for Solstice. I would be happy to mail it to you. PM me your mailing address. I am almost certain that it should be he same for a Sol or Sky just as the GM luggage rack is. The secret is you have to stretch it to fit.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Actually scratch that thought. After looking at your pics your left rear template drill mark is in the centre. Mine, which is for a Solstice has the mark over to the right near the edge. Suggest you pm me your email and I will send you a pic and if you still want it I will also mail it o you.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Managed to get on the desktop. Here are pics of the template for a Solstice. Have also included a couple that show the rear mounting left and right. The left pic cuts it off but when I get my Sol back from the shop ( fuel pump is cooked) I can give you a precise pic.:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Riggs,
I could not figure out how to load pics in a PM. So here is what you asked for.
Pic 1 & 2 are of drivers side rear snap. The template is on its way to you in the mail.
Pic 3, 4 and 5 are passenger side rear. Hopefully you can get accurate measurements from how I have done this with a tape measure.

To the viewing public Riggs is going to make the metal piece with snap that goes under the aerial. Hopefully, he will be able to make and sell a few more once he has fabricated it. I think there are other people out there who have bought tonneau covers used with out the snaps etc that could use this.

This has been a Northern Sol Public Service.:lol:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts