Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
That is nice, it is shame, but I'm glad to see those side mirrors go.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I like the newer interior. Think the concept looked little too space-age with the brushed aluminum. Didn't like that shifter either.

·
Registered
515 Posts
mceb said:
I like the newer interior. Think the concept looked little too space-age with the brushed aluminum. Didn't like that shifter either.
:agree:
...but I'll take either if I can get my car any sooner. :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Although there are detail differences, I thought they did a good job at staying faithful to the original interior, if not identical. I am happy with the interior in the production car in every respect except one. I'd rather have a full guage package instead of a DIC display. I guess I am just old school in that regard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
:glol: GAWD, didn't think anyone fell for that push button start thing!!!
But, first thing I learned selling cars, my tastes are not the same as everyone elses...I have sold some UNBELIEVABLY UGLY colors!!! :jester:

·
Registered
132 Posts
What's not to like with a start button? Every car I've owned, from my '71 Buick LeSabre Limited (a hand-me-down) and '74 Plymouth Duster (which had the habbit of slowing down every time I pushed on the accelerator) to my '04 Tahoe, have started exactly the same way. A start button seems to fit this concept.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ya' know what I miss most from the concept? Not the interior, not the dual exhaust, not even the horsepower; I miss that rear view mirror.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Salamander said:
Ya' know what I miss most from the concept? Not the interior, not the dual exhaust, not even the horsepower; I miss that rear view mirror.
No kidding, that's damn sexy. Probably a little farther out of the drivers natural line of sight than a conventional RV mirror, but a clever touch for a concept.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
We may have lost the cool rear view mirror, but I really like that they were able to keep the visors flush into the windshield surround!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Odd Proportions in Concept

Always concerned with leg room (and knee room)...I noticed the large gap between steering wheel and console in the concept. Then I noticed that the steering wheel was very small compared to the production model. Interesting

It would be nice to have a true concept car to drive around, but practicality usually wins out. I agree with the other posts that Pontiac did a good job moving from concept to production. Push start would be cool...and it can't cost that much...maybe the next model or the Sky?

I'm just glad that they are making this car...well, not yet. Hopefully DE Buddy drives by the plant again!!! Take some more pics...

RadRiv

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Drex said:
So where does one insert CDs for the CD player?
On the concept probably in the trunk in a multi disc unit. The radio looks more like an ipod or cirrius. I'm not keen on gated shifters. If you can't learn where the gears are then whats the fun?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts