Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoyed a few nice days along the Gulf Coast of Florida. The weather even got warm enough to drive with the top down once I unloaded at the hotel room.

The photos through the windshield were taken with my GoPro video camera, and the photos of the car were taken with my cell phone.

There are many places where you can drive along the Gulf and enjoy the scenery.

I hope you snowbirds enjoy. :)

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Nice pics! Sadly, am here freezing my ?!?&! in Toronto buried in snow.:devil:
Wish I was driving my Sol along the Gulf Coast.:cryin::willy::cryin:

·
Registered
693 Posts
i was at clearwater beach today...arrived with the top down and weather was pretty good for december.my car turned 38,000 miles on the causeway on the way there.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nice - I haven't been to the Gulf Coast in quite a while; miss it.
I do take issue with
The weather even got warm enough to drive with the top down once I unloaded at the hotel room.
I drove with the top down just two days ago; bright, sunny day, little wind, 17 degrees. Of course, I wore a hat and coat, and had the heater on full blast. :O

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice - I haven't been to the Gulf Coast in quite a while; miss it.
I do take issue with I drove with the top down just two days ago; bright, sunny day, little wind, 17 degrees. Of course, I wore a hat and coat, and had the heater on full blast. :O
But for you that WAS a warm day. :lol:

I guess it is all relative. I had a fleece jacket on because it was in the low 60s. :lol:

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Thanks for the story and pics it does help to get me through our cold winter hibernation season (even though it has to be done vicariously) through posts like this. I always "try" and convince myself that it will be worth it once that first warm day arrives and driving the Solstice's will feel just a little more special then if we could drive them all year around.

I occasional go out in the garage and pull the car covers off to remind myself that they really are there. But that last about five minutes before the cold begins to convince me that its time to cover them back up and retreat to the warmth of our home.

Enjoy them folks, I'd be doing the same thing if we lived in a year-round warm climate.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the story and pics it does help to get me through our cold winter hibernation season (even though it has to be done vicariously) through posts like this. I always "try" and convince myself that it will be worth it once that first warm day arrives and driving the Solstice's will feel just a little more special then if we could drive them all year around.

I occasional go out in the garage and pull the car covers off to remind myself that they really are there. But that last about five minutes before the cold begins to convince me that its time to cover them back up and retreat to the warmth of our home.

Enjoy them folks, I'd be doing the same thing if we lived in a year-round warm climate.
I would have been on bike, but the risk of freezing precip back home kept them under the covers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course you can't ride along the water all the time. Condos and Hotels get some of the prime real estate. :(

Also some ritzy gated communities limit the views of the Gulf.

Some beach access roads just weren't meant for the Solstice

but the view was worth it.

Some shots at the set for "The Truman Show" movie.

It wouldn't be the south without Spanish Moss. Not a place I would want to wandering around in a fog.

I was able to get pretty close to the Gulf in this Hooters parking lot.

Wouldn't want to be on this road in a strong wind. I wonder how often water covers this road.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That even makes me jelous. It's sunny and 75º right now but if I were to drive to the beach, which is 50 min away, I can only post photo's or merky water.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 18 of 18 Posts