Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bowing to pressure from fellow forumites, I have started a new thread to commemorate the arrival and delivery of my new GXP.

Let the congratulations begin! :party:

The odometer was at 8 when I drove her off the lot.

First impressions are that this baby is wound much tighter that the other model. Especially 1st and Reverse. :yesnod: (JustMike you were right! Stalled it out the first time I was backing it into a parking place! :lol: )

Now comes the hard part. I don't know how I'm going to scale back my driving style for the next 500 miles to break her in gently. I've become used to driving my '06 aggressively. :cool:

It was really hard giving the keys to the dealer in trade. Broke my heart to give up my first love. Unlike JustMike, I couldn't afford to keep them both. I miss my envious already. :(

Pictures to follow.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Congrats!!!

Make sure you baby her for the 500 miles. If you don't think you can, put a block of wood under your "go" pedal. ;)

·
Banned
8,656 Posts
Bowing to pressure from fellow forumites, I have started a new thread to commemorate the arrival and delivery of my new GXP.

Thanks, slicer, I'm glad you listen to good advice! :cool:

And a big CONGRATULATIONS to you on your GXP. You gotta be one happy camper, fer shure fer shure! :party: :party: :party:

Yeah, difficult giving up your 2006 after one year of bliss, but you'll forget her soon enough. Enjoy, my friend!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Congrats! :party: That clutch is pretty tight ... stalled on my first try too. :lol: Good thing I did not when I drove it off of the showroom floor. ;) :willy: You beat me by 1 mile on the "off the lot mileage" ... mine had 3 off the truck, but had 9 at my pick up.

Take it easy the first 500 and it will be worth the work ... mine is running great and I almost drove all of the first 500 properly. ;)

·
2,574 Posts
Quit yer stallin'

Congratulations from a fellow first time staller!
:party: It's just so different coming from the base Sol. probably won't happen again. I haven't in over 3k miles now, so it's a one shot deal. Give us your report on performance after your first five hundred and other observations as they occur and enjoy your new baby. ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congratulations!

How much of a financial hit did you take on the trade in. My GXP is on order. I am getting it for MSRP.
With tax, lic, destination charges etc. Plus the hit (small but still a hit), on your 2006 trade. I am sure it was at least $8,000 or $9,000 to put you in the GXP. Is that what I should expect?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats!!!

Make sure you baby her for the 500 miles. If you don't think you can, put a block of wood under your "go" pedal. ;)
That's a good idea. :lol:

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Ok let me make it official ... Congrats and I know you are gonna enjoy the ride! ... Oh and I was right about something ... Wooo Hooo gotta mark the calendar :D

Serously congrats and go easy on the first 500 :party:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
Congratulations :yay: I know I already said that in another thread, but since this is your official thread, this is my official congratulations. :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
i say light the candle now:yesnod: , just don't try to do burnouts from stoplights and avoid gearing down. then change you oil/filter and diff fliud after3 to 500 miles

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time for Pictures!

New and Old

Goodbye My Love :(

Hello New Love :)

Getting set to go

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Love the black!!! I so want a GXP! However it is out of the question for me right now. Congrats!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First Photo Shoot

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
987 Posts