Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble deck lid opening . will not stay open appears spring on pass side broken are parts available how do you you replace?

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
having trouble deck lid opening . will not stay open appears spring on pass side broken are parts available how do you you replace?
@rob the elder

I assume you are referring to the torsion bar being broken. I'm pretty sure those parts are still available through a dealer parts department. Rob the Elder has a pretty good description of how to replace these, somewhere, if you can find it. In order to replace a torsion bar, you need to remove both the rear fascia and the rear bumper cover. It is a PITA job, in my opinion, best left to a dealer to do.

YMMV

:dunno:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. I determined the torsion bar on one side is broken. will try to find one and replace thanks. will try the spring idea also

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
thanks for the info. I determined the torsion bar on one side is broken. will try to find one and replace thanks. will try the spring idea also
Forum member Riggs314 would also be someone else to reach out too since he's removed his decklid several times to install his Edag hardtop. Let us know how it works out for you.

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts