Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having issues with my top. It's been kind of shifted to the passenger side, but hasn't given any issues going up. I just tried putting my top up and it wouldn't straighten out. I had to have someone apply pressure to the passenger side main beam while I clamped it. Otherwise it was about 4 inches from closing. Can anyone tell me where I need to start looking for the issue? Is it easy to tear the roof apart? Any help is always appreciated!

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Tearing it apart is for the brave only.

Did you check the tension adjustment stops to make sure that they are both even? If you have one side screwed in against the stop too much, it will skew the top on that side.

Check the mounting bolts to make sure that they are all tight and not allowing the top to move around.

If you end up having to go into the top mechanism I wish you the best of luck. :yesnod::grouphug:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine pinches the fabric in the center over the doors. I have to pull the fabric out of the pinch point before it'll get close enough to latch. Passenger side is more pronounced than the drivers side.,

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tearing it apart is for the brave only.

Did you check the tension adjustment stops to make sure that they are both even? If you have one side screwed in against the stop too much, it will skew the top on that side.

Check the mounting bolts to make sure that they are all tight and not allowing the top to move around.

If you end up having to go into the top mechanism I wish you the best of luck. :yesnod::grouphug:
Where are these adjustment stops located? And the mounting bolts, you're talking the main ones right?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
TX08ManualGXP posted this pic and below advice in another top not latching correct thread:

Follow this link. from there you can view several drawings and maybe that will help.

FOLDING TOP HARDWARE PART 2. Fits: SKY, Solstice | Tonkin Online Parts

I'll post one photo too but from the link, you can pick and choose and then zoom and print if need be. I also have a service manual and it explains adjustment but it's in PDF. If you want to PM me and leave your email addy, I'll send them to you.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Chop....PM sent...

·
Registered
6,051 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Mine pinches the fabric in the center over the doors. I have to pull the fabric out of the pinch point before it'll get close enough to latch. Passenger side is more pronounced than the drivers side.,
Yes

Usually this is a result of the plastic tab failing and the magnesium tab under it catching on the top. I have a thread with pics on this issue, take a look.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My buttress flaps aren't the issue....gonna go out and look at it now.. wish me luck. :(

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts