Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for this silver part I’m missing. I have a leak getting in from the top deck where the convertible top snaps in because this silver piece is missing. You know where I can order one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know how it felll off in the first place?
I just bought it yesterday and it was already off. The trunk had standing water in it. Not sure how it came off and the owner didn’t know how the water was getting in. I found this to be the culprit.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
978 Posts
Classic “there’s your problem right there” scenario. :)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,118 Posts
If you take the trunk liner out you should see a plug in there some where. You can remove the plug to let the water out. I would leave the carpet liner out until you get the leak fixed and also to let it air dry

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
Its been awhile since I was in there but you might want to check and see if there is a retainer ring in there that holds the chrome plate in place. You will have to pull the deck lid liner loose to get in there but it is just held in with christmas tree push pins. Not really necessary, but there has been a problem with the cable ends that release the top buttresses breaking. It is an easy fix with a lead fishing weight. Search in the search feature, probably under "buttress not releasing". Just a little preventive job you might want to do while you are in there.

·
Administrator
17,154 Posts
In the past, water leaks have been found at the antenna mount toward the rear of the trunk. The water enters there and then can flow along the bottom of the trunk lid liner and drip in various places. Give that a look while you are in there.

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
Its been awhile since I was in there but you might want to check and see if there is a retainer ring in there that holds the chrome plate in place. You will have to pull the deck lid liner loose to get in there but it is just held in with christmas tree push pins. Not really necessary, but there has been a problem with the cable ends that release the top buttresses breaking. It is an easy fix with a lead fishing weight. Search in the search feature, probably under "buttress not releasing". Just a little preventive job you might want to do while you are in there.
how many times is it permissible to use "in there" in a single paragraph?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE: I ordered the part Super Serg suggested for $50 ($60 after shipping) and installed it. The majority of the water leak is fixed. I’ve since discovered them at I have small water leaks near the back of the car where the wiring harness drops down into the trunk. Not a big deal. Easy fix with some sealant. I needed up taking out the trunk carpet and will leave it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts