Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post & just got a Mean Yellow 2007 Basic. It appears the previous owner had a new top installed. The top does not even touch the top of the window glass, there is about a 1/4" gap. Appears top needs to go down a good inch in the center. The top is latched in the front & sides will not go any further down.Can someone kindly tell me how to adjust this?

·
Super Moderator
15,933 Posts
Welcome to the forum

If the top is articulating properly, going up and down, and both "feet" are mating with the rubber piece just in back of each door, then the most likely adjustment you need is the side glass. It adjusts for height and inward lean angle. There are several threads with instructions.

Any competent mechanic can make the adjustments for you.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Yeah if you take the door panel off you'll see the adjustments.

·
Registered
728 Posts
First of all WELCOME!!!
Just make sure the windows are down a couple of inches, or the doors are open before you try to latch the top down... Now mind you, there will be a "little resistance" when you try to clamp it down, that is normal...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey Welcome Theresa H. Always nice to have a Lady Tree Mechanic. Or Lady Tree anything. Welcome to the forum!

Solo Dio
08 Solstice GXP Brazen / Inferno Orange

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Welcome TH! Please be sure to share what you found to be the solution. Even if others haven't experienced the problem, the future reference is important to us!

·
Super Moderator
15,933 Posts

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Thought of this thread about an hour ago. Wife decided she wanted the top up to go to a class this evening so I went out and started to do just that. Friggin' top was holding up and I couldn't get the pins guided in!

Yeah, Driver's side door was still closed with the window up.

And I'm still a dumba$$.

·
Registered
728 Posts
One more thing I want to mention that has happened to me, IF the flaps on either side behind the seats DO NOT open as you are pulling the top up and forward, you will never get the top any where near to reaching the latch. IF that happens, you will have to manually open the flap as you pull the top forward. Those flaps are opened automatically with the cables and the plastic clip holders that attaches to them, mine have been prone to coming loose when the plastic clip breaks, not only that, on my drivers side the "L" portion of the cable has broken off totally from the stress. For me there is no way currently for me to connect to the flap on the drivers side...:willy: It is a "cheap and flimsy" setup IMHO.. One final thought, if you need top adjustments, the only place I recommend is a convertible top shop, most dealers wouldn't know a thing of how to adjust those tops. At my dealer they just ship the car right over to their convertible top shop that they use, especially if they have no idea where the adjustments are, and there are adjustments. IMHO, I think your top is fine, 1/4 inch is normal, the top will not go all the way to the front frame when you are that close, just latch it and lock it down..

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all have adjusted the glass & even had to slide it up off the base in the window with all adjustments topped out. Have tried the outer adjustment bolt & no help, inner one is good...little window rub on door closing....Now I need to know how to add a pic or two to show all what I mean.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There has got to be some adjustment the allows the side frame to come down flatter and contact the top of the window better. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hmmm, to me it looks like something is broken or bent in there..

Just a side note, since you live in the south, I would take your car to a convertible shop that specialize with car convertible tops and have them give it a look see. If none exist in Alabama, check a shop in Florida, we are the convertible top king.., along with a few other states..:D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts