Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the highest speed that someone has driven a Solstice so far? Also, what is the top speed?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2091351 said:
You are the FASTEST!!

What was your BEST number indicated on the Speed-O?

Steve

:willy:
If mine had arrived already I'd know the answer! :lol:

·
Registered
528 Posts
A little test birdied sang to me that he has been over 130 mph in the car. Wouldn't share much more than that. Seems some car of Asian decent was leading the drive when the American decided to lead.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Excelsior said:
71mph recently! And still had plenty of pedal left.
That's only 1mph over our speed limit...

·
Registered
753 Posts
TerpFan said:
A little test birdied sang to me that he has been over 130 mph in the car. Wouldn't share much more than that. Seems some car of Asian decent was leading the drive when the American decided to lead.
that's interesting..... can you expand?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Excelsior, How many miles do you have on yours now?

I'm sure your respecting the break in. If I had mine one weekend (sunny), it would have at least 500

·
Registered
528 Posts
cdb said:
that's interesting..... can you expand?

I would love too but powers above prevent me from doing so. Made a mistake about the other car involved though, it had a strong German accent.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
The PCM should limit speed to 117-119 mph. I Think.

All safety devices must be removed as to not hinder the driving experience. Now where did I put the computer remapping device again...

·
Registered
383 Posts
WAIT just a second...youre telling me this car wont go 152 mph like my saab 9-3? Oh forget it...deals off ... I want my deposit back...j/k of course

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Marco said:
Excelsior, How many miles do you have on yours now?

I'm sure your respecting the break in. If I had mine one weekend (sunny), it would have at least 500
540 I think. Came off the delivery truck with 37 and I took it home with 40 miles on it. But I rode those three miles with the test driver.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
The PCM should limit speed to 117-119 mph. I Think.
Nope, GMld. The car is drag-limited. This year's version should top out at between 120 - 125 mph. The tires can go past 140 MPH. If you can get more out of the motor, there should be no reason to limit the speed to anything less than 140mph in the PCM.

I see the tires are V-rated, which usually means 149 MPH, but they are also using a placard pressure of 29 PSI - so the max speed (tire limited) for the tire is reduced.

Downhill with the wind, you should be able to go past 130 mph...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts