Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What do you think of the top, Based on the official pic?

• TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Votes: 64 68.8%
  • Not bad, Mixed, one thumb up one thumb down

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • TWO THUMBS down.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I'm still ticked that I have to get out to operate it

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Who cares what it looks like? Mine will be down most of the time anyway.

Votes: 13 14.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I think the top itself looks awesome. Just still a little concerned about the operation of it. We'll probably have to run this poll again once the Top Operation video comes out. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
brentil said:
I think the top itself looks awesome. Just still a little concerned about the operation of it. We'll probably have to run this poll again once the Top Operation video comes out. :D
With possibility of all that folding, tucking and walking around the car, let's hope it's not a feature length film.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks great but people who plan to daily drive this in places that have real seasonal weather will probably quickly find it to be a PITA with funtionality, visibility and how little room behind you there will be inside with that flat rear window.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I'll give it a two thumbs up at this point. It looks clean, fits well, fits in with the car's styling well, and the shape of the rear window, where it bows up and over the decklid hoops, gives it a more expensive look. I'll reserve final judgement on the appearance until I can see more angles, but so far things look good to me!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Remember there are top up side profiles in the promo DVD. Operation of the top is shown but I don't remember them showing the whole process. The Apr 6th tech training should demonstrate the whole thing.

Did you guys (and gals) know that dealers aren't supposed to display any of the Solstice promo stuff until Apr 15th according to their EOP instructions? I will see the DVD one way or another before then!

·
4,592 Posts
Not too happy, but I seem to be in the minority, so that's good for the majority. I will hold judgement as it's a tough angle. I never thought I'd be overly happy with the top since the mule photos, but now it's solidifying into a real thing. I'll see it in person, then decide. I'm less worried about buyers remorse as the MSM has really grown on me.

oh well.........

·
4,592 Posts
Hey S-Man, you never told us WHAT YOU THINK???

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
Not too happy, but I seem to be in the minority, so that's good for the majority. I will hold judgement as it's a tough angle. I never thought I'd be overly happy with the top since the mule photos, but now it's solidifying into a real thing. I'll see it in person, then decide. I'm less worried about buyers remorse as the MSM has really grown on me.

oh well.........
Yeah, just lord it over us that you are driving around in a roadster already! :brentil:

:lol: j/k of course! For ease of use, the MSM top is great. Miata's also look fine with the top up too.

What don't you really like about it? Is it the appearance, or the operation? I don't think I will like the operation myself.

One other question, is your MSM's top lined?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Like the top look alot. How I like the top operation is TBD. By the way, I finaly bit the bullet and put a deposit down to try for an EOP Solstice tonight! :thumbs:

·
5,600 Posts
Top looks sleek classic, but I voted "who cares". If the top looked like snot, I'd still be buying the car. Besides, I'll be topless most of the time.

Besides, the luggage rack I'm going to put on will probably look worse than any effect from the top and will STILL be there when the top is down. Please Pontiac, give us a REMOVABLE luggage rack like my Harley.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The look of the top was my biggest concern before I saw this pic. I think it looks great and don't really have any more issues with buying. Don't think I'll go EOP though.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
AeroDave said:
By the way, I finaly bit the bullet and put a deposit down to try for an EOP Solstice tonight! :thumbs:
Congrats Dave :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Top up - Awesome!
Top down - The Way It Should Be.

MY Solstice In Black - priceless! :thumbs:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am very glad to see that the top does not have the Fred Flintstone "humps" as that would have killed it for me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts