Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
gmtoolie said:
Has anyone seen this car with the top up?
welcome gmtoolie :patriot

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Check the sticky FAQ in general and a sticky at top of Tech sections. Only spy pictures, no one has seen production top yet.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Love the clay top, hadn't seen it yet. But I think that clay hasn't been fired in a kiln yet, so that makes it a soft top. :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Even though I just got my new emoticon, I was triyng to be nice for once. But since you mentioned it.

:brentil:

Search is your friend.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
And a candidate for "The Compost Pile..."

:thumbs

gmtoolie, welcome. Some of us that have been around a while get questions that have been asked over and over - yours being one of them.

A search in "advanced search" with the words "Pictures Top Up" will yield quite a bit of information. Check the "search titles only" option, and the third link you pick up is an obvious one called "Convertible Top FAQ / Pictures "

22 seconds later, you're looking at pictures of the solstice, with the top up, on the road (post #3 of the above thread). BINGO! YOU'RE A WINNER!!!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It was the perfect post for your new emoticon Brentil, and someone beat you to it! :nono

:jester

Welcome onboard gmtoolie! Seeing the top on this car along with seeing the available trunk space is probably the most desired bit of information we would like to know about the Sol!

·
4,592 Posts
gmtoolie said:

Poor gmtoolie, he/she has recieved he brunt of the "NEW" highly honored :brentil: , thought we should at least tell gmtoolie, no offense intended!!!

The :brentil: is used in response to the newbie's repeated questions, but your post got extra attention as the :brentil: was newly created (you're the first newbie to receive the :brentil:)!

So, welcome gmtoolie :seeya

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
gmtoolie said:
Doesn't bother me a bit about the emoticon. Like water off a duck's ass.
Glad you take it in stride!

Just to let you in on it, the emoticon is sort of an inside joke. Brentil has suggested in the past that his head has popped when someone comes on and posts a question that was recently answered in another thread. So our site admin gave us that emoticon (named brentil in its code) for him to use whenever a new post makes his head pop! :glol

Most of this thread is just members playing around with it, and although it has come at your expense, I am certain no disrespect is intended! Again, welcome onboard, and we all hope to see you around some more! :smile

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Glad you take it in stride!

Just to let you in on it, the emoticon is sort of an inside joke. Brentil has suggested in the past that his head has popped when someone comes on and posts a question that was recently answered in another thread. So our site admin gave us that emoticon (named brentil in its code) for him to use whenever a new post makes his head pop! :glol

Most of this thread is just members playing around with it, and although it has come at your expense, I am certain no disrespect is intended! Again, welcome onboard, and we all hope to see you around some more! :smile
:brentil: Couldn't Resist :lol

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome GMtoolie. Thing is, we all want more information on the top. Problem is, GM has made a point of a complete ban on any official info on it. Just so happened your first question is one that everyone, new and old to the board, has asked because it's a good question that's never been really answered.
Other than some shots from a distance of a car that was being driven on the public roads and probably wasn't the final production top,... the answer is not really.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I asked about top pics because I thought some of you might have made it to a show already and were able to get one. I was able to get a pic of the SSR top up before it's production release at the St. Louis Auto Show. Just asked one of the reps if he would put the top up and bingo.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts