Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see this posted anywhere here (forgive me if I missed it), but pontiac.com has a new top-up Solstice pic. I don't remember seeing it before.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
LINK! :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

(We are yet to see any official top up pics, so excuse the popping heads! No offense is intended) ;) :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Confirmed! :cool: :cool: :cool:

There is a top up pic at Pontiac.com. I cannot figure out the direct link since it comes up in a popup window, but go to www.pontiac.com click on upcoming vehicles, solstice, wait for the popup window, and then photo gallery.

There is a rear 3/4's pic of the car, top up! :cool:

Unfortunately, the picture is of a black car with a black roof, and shadows make it hard to tell a lot of the details. Such as exactly how it attaches to the decklid, and what it looks like where it meets the lid. The rear window looks if formed to go around the two humps on the decklid.

That nasty bow on top of the roof from those mid-western spy shots seems to be gone too. It looks smooth and clean across the top.

PS, has this been on the site for a while, and I have just missed it?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
It wasn't on their site two days ago:

Also, that side-profile picture makes me want black VERY badly...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good job posting guys. Doesn't look half that bad -- of course they had to use a black car for the picture. Now we just need them to post some pictures of the other colors, and one of maybe one of the production trunk wouldn't hurt too :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It wasn't even on their site yeasterday! Maybe their reacting to our concerns about top pics! Now, lets see a trunk closeup! :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Those winglets will be an extra step in managing the top, but they are a really neat addition that will possibly turn heads, because they are really sleek.

Most tops these days are power tops, and couldn't possibly have an aesthetic property like that.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Nor was it on their site yesterday afternoon.

All the pics from that site:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
and the rest...

Attachments

·
4,592 Posts
Finally, 11 months after joining the forum, and 12 months after first hearing of the Sol, and top up pics arrive! That angle is extremely bad, IMHO. We don't like what we see, but of course, a better angle may change that. An in person view will also be necessary.

Anyone think "retro" with this top design? Something about the way the front of the top comes down reminds me of a chopped top of the old hot rods???

·
Registered
275 Posts
RODEO said:
Anyone think "retro" with this top design? Something about the way the front of the top comes down reminds me of a chopped top of the old hot rods???
man, that was on the tip of my tongue for the last month. i couldnt think of what it reminded me of. maybe even plymouth prowler like.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Oh Boy........loving my black Sol with a top :lurk:

Guess they are getting ready for more web traffic if this commercial happens during the Final 4 this weekend.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
It will be interesting to see how they will keep dirt out from under the flaps. If they don't it will scratch the crap out of the paint.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts