Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I expect some noise, but there is a specific area on driver's door (bottom rear) where the noise is particularlly noticeable. Nothing on the passenger side. There are noticeable buttress wrinkles on the driver's side as well - none on passenger side - coincidence or no? Has anone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
pwaiting said:
I expect some noise, but there is a specific area on driver's door (bottom rear) where the noise is particularlly noticeable. Nothing on the passenger side. There are noticeable buttress wrinkles on the driver's side as well - none on passenger side - coincidence or no? Has anone else experienced this?
I'll let you know when I get VIN 855.

·
Registered
135 Posts
pwaiting said:
I have the exact same noise. I can feel the wrinkles blowing in the wind from inside and it affects the noise level. Not sure anything can be done about it but it's sort of irritating. It only happens at freeway speed.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Sol Deep said:
I have the exact same noise. I can feel the wrinkles blowing in the wind from inside and it affects the noise level. Not sure anything can be done about it but it's sort of irritating. It only happens at freeway speed.
You can at least report it and see if GM can come up with a minor adjustment or fix, or at least make a system entry about it so future people know the official take on it when they go to their dealer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sol Deep said:
Not sure anything can be done about it but it's sort of irritating. It only happens at freeway speed.
Somebody should design a small wind deflector clipping on between the windshield and the top and sell it as an accessory.

It worked on my old bug years ago.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Haven't noticed that problem on mine yet, and much to my surprise the wrinkles aren't bad either, guess I was prepared for the worst. Wrinkles or not, I love this car, great driving experience,.I have never driven anything that I am so comfortable on curves before. It is more than I expected for the price. What surprises me is how much people think this car cost, I have had guesses form anywhere from 32K to 38K being the top price. I really feel like I stole it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
When http://www.JimCausley.com let me drive their silver Sol for about a half hour I had plenty of questions asking me how much I "paid" for the vehicle. I joked with quite a few passerby's that it rang in shortly under $35k. They all believed it and still thought it was a deal.

I love it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
pwaiting said:
I've noticed that on mine too. And I have slight wrinkles. I think it has to do with the fact that the bottom there doesn't actually attatch to anything. This is where the water squirted in at the car wash too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Car wash???? Say it ain't so! This car needs to be washed by caring hands.

:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
288 Posts
If it were a perfect world I would always wash the car by hand. Unfortunately it takes me about 45 minutes to and hour to properly hand wash and dry the car. I don't always have the luxury of that much time.

Altough I think from now one I'll be going to the wash it yourself type of car wash.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Primus said:
If it were a perfect world I would always wash the car by hand. Unfortunately it takes me about 45 minutes to and hour to properly hand wash and dry the car. I don't always have the luxury of that much time.

Altough I think from now one I'll be going to the wash it yourself type of car wash.
I don't know about everywhere else, but around here there are carwashes that do hand washes.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Primus said:

Hose nozzle $5 from WalMart
a few kitchen garbage bins from housewares ~$2 each
California Drying Blade from auto ~$9
The Absorber ~$7

Cuts drying time to almost nothing and the blade takes water off the roof fabric like nothing else. Follow up the edges with the asorber, done. I can wash and dry the car in 15 minutes if I was in a hurry.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Primus said:
NEVER take it to the "do it yourself" car wash. The brushes are too dirty and often leave small scratches in the paint.

Garage it until you're ready to WASH it. I wash my '99 Grand Am every other day to keep rust, the elements, etc off of it. It doesn't take that long when you have a good layer of Zaino applied.

P.S.

Purchase Zaino and forget Mothers.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Excelsior said:
Hose nozzle $5 from WalMart
a few kitchen garbage bins from housewares ~$2 each
California Drying Blade from auto ~$9
The Absorber ~$7

Cuts drying time to almost nothing and the blade takes water off the roof fabric like nothing else. Follow up the edges with the asorber, done. I can wash and dry the car in 15 minutes if I was in a hurry.
Don't forget $500,000 starter house if you live in an apartment in San Diego...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Mr. Clean Auto-Dry Pro

2/3 of people say they are amazing
1/3 of people say they are crap.

I am going to assume that those 1/3 are just not be precise in their actions.

·
Registered
293 Posts
rowan1008

pwaiting said:
I've noticed wind noise to my upper left, almost where the speaker is. Its not real loud at all and it doesn't happen all the time. Other than that, I love the car.

·
4,592 Posts
Fortimir said:
Mr. Clean Auto-Dry Pro

2/3 of people say they are amazing
1/3 of people say they are crap.

I am going to assume that those 1/3 are just not be precise in their actions.
I started a thread on mr clean auto dry in Oct 2004, gave some tips on how to use it, etc.... I still use it, and would only add one thing to my comments, spot towel drying is required, but overall a good product, the soap is excellent.

Mr Clean AUto Dry Thread

Here's a bit of my post from then:
My biggest tip on using it - DON'T use the washing gun for the soap. Put the soap in a bucket of water, the washing gun wastes the soap, and it's really more of a novelty for that use. The soap however is extremely powerful, I highly recommend it. The washing gun IS useful for the filter, which is the secret, it filters the water of impurities, especially important in areas (like mine) where hard water is the only legal option.

I rinse the car using the washing gun - no filter, then soap from the bucket using a washing glove, then rinse with the washing gun - with filter. let dry. a little spot drying of the windows helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.