Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the modern world of information and communications to be very surreal sometimes. I'm a news junkie and read the papers, listen to the radio and sometimes watch the TV for my news and I can't help but feel very fortunate.

There are US and Allied soldiers out there fighting and dying in hell holes all around the globe so that we can sit here in our compfy chairs and have essoteric discussions about turbo vs. supercharger, color choices and the best way to make a roadster, while they are choking in the heat and dust waiting for the next round of mortar fire. The very fact that we can own and drive a roadster is a testimate to their sacrifices. Not just for American drivers either, but everywhere in the free world.

They are fighting to maintain the stable flow of oil to the world's economy and to keep the terrorists deep in their holes. Don't kid yourself, a disruption to the supply of oil sends the world's economy into the toilet, and fortunate lifestyle with it. The future the terrorists envision has no place for roadsters or any other form of fun.

Soldiers of the past have also sacrificed to give us the oportunity to use our minds and creativity to where it is best applied, the pursuit of happiness. I can't recall too many Soviet roadsters, and the Nazis would have only permited the survivors of their world conquest that had proper blood lines, heterosexual orientation and proper political affiliation to even contemplate getting behind the wheel of a roadster. The Imperial Japanese plan, well if you weren't Japanese you would be screwed.

So I guess I'd like to give heart felt thanks to any of the people who might be looking at, or participating in this forum, that are either veterans of past wars, served to keep the peace in between wars, or are currently serving to ensure the prosperity of the free world and all it's benifits. To those of you who have already served, in a way the Solstice is what it was all about. To those of you who are currently serving, you will prevail and there will be a Solstice waiting for you. To those of us who never served, well there's no dishonor in that, but we owe these folks big time! I know I do.

Again, thanks to the Vets and service personel out there now! :cheers :patriot

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Well said! Our servicemebers and veterans have always answered the call and done what their country has asked of them. They also have not always been thanked for the job they have done for their country. I know it means a lot for them to hear a thanks once in a while, and I am sure everyone is thankful for what they have done in the past and present. :patriot

·
Registered
37 Posts
A hero is

The real hero’s are.

The lady that is packing the MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) from time to time she drops in an extra pack of Chiclets.

The mother that gets up at first light and gets her children ready for school, then goes to the munitions plant and works to insure every bullet works when needed.

A hero is a father that sits down at night and figures out how to pay his bills and the taxes.

A hero is a young man that works on the computer program that guides the bomb to its target.

A hero is the kid serving you from the counter of a fast food joint. They are working not wasting.

A hero is that little girl that writes a letter to someone she doesn’t know. It says she is ten and proud to be an American, it says Thank you and God Bless and come home soon.

A hero is the butcher, baker, candle stick maker that goes to the ball game and takes off their hats in honor of the flag and for which it stands.

A hero is the teacher that starts their day in front of young Americans and states:

I pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.

A hero is the American that can take the news, and remember that many of the news people are worst liars than the fools in charge of that prison.

A hero is someone that still offers the courtesy to say God Bless! when someone sneezes.

As an American and Veteran I say to all heroes before and after my time.

Thank You. :patriot

·
Registered
113 Posts
All well said, but I would like to add to it.

A hero is also that person, not involved with politics, weapons or natural resources, which helps out someone else for no other reason than kindness. That person that doesn't need or expect anything in return. That person who helps others out, not for a paycheck or because they feel they have too, but only for the good feeling they get from helping another person.

·
Registered
37 Posts
RIGHT ON, and we have a nation filled with such heroes, :thumbs

piippor said:
All well said, but I would like to add to it.

A hero is also that person, not involved with politics, weapons or natural resources, which helps out someone else for no other reason than kindness. That person that doesn't need or expect anything in return. That person who helps others out, not for a paycheck or because they feel they have too, but only for the good feeling they get from helping another person.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Heroes have no borders :cool They come from all over the world :smile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts