Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2009 guess they call the color wicked code U517Q. Having lots of trouble finding the GM paint, there are places that mix but even duplicolor shows none. Used to be dealers online. Any places you can suggest for the OEM gm.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Sure you have the right paint code ? From the info I have the code for wicked ( Merlot Jewel Metallic ) should be WA 517Q and if you go to the Dr.Colorchip site this is the listing that they have I also went on AutomotiveTouchUp .com and they also show the same code . I have used both these companies products with great success.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
paint charts from elsewhere on the forum...

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I've had very good results with Dr. Colorchip also. Just be sure to THOROUGHLY strip / clean all waxes or sealants before applying otherwise it won't adhere well.

Ask me how I know! ;)

·
Premium Member
2006 Pontiac Solstice, 2.4L base model.
78 Posts
I got mine from a buddy who works in the paint department at AutoValue. He told me to give him a picture of the glove box sticker. With the code from that plus the VIN, he made a near perfect match. He was telling me the VIN allows them to get a more accurate match for my vehicle. I would think any paint place should be able to do the same with that info.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just went through this. I lost a snap screw inside the fender well that holds the Solstice bra in place. The flapping bra strap chipped the paint at the edge of the fender well. I went to O'Reilly's and walked about six small cans of paint out to the car trying to match it - with no luck. A clerk said he might be able to match it and checked his computer. He located a Dupli-Color touch-up pen and ordered it. Came in next day. I brought it home and double checked before opening the package. It was for Sly (dark tarnished Silver metallic) and not Cool (light tarnished Silver metallic). I took it back and exchanged it - no problems. Now I have the correct touch-up paint, but have yet to attempt applying it. Cost for the pen was $18 and change.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
When I had my Norms rear fascia painted, the paint shop gave me about a half pint of paint they had left over. (perfect match). I figure that's enough to last me forever.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not if all you are doing is repairing some chips JesseB had a great post last week showing before and after pictures on repairing the road rash in front of the rear wheel using Dr.Colorchip it was pretty amazing .:cool:
Do you remember the post title? Missed this and would love to check it out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts