Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not you S-Man :lol

I have a thread over at miata, got slammed by the moderator (for a trade offer), and I mean that in a nice way as I know it's there job. But, I wonder how you all might interpret the response, and more so, the rule they were imposing, might be pertinent one day here!

This is the thread:

http://forum.miata.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=021439#000027

Moderator Quoted:
"Would you guys please read the forum rules!!!!

NO bartering, selling, trading, posting "wanted" types of messages are permitted ANYWHERE in the forums. If you have a 'wanted' item, the ONLY place you can post is in the WANTED forum section. If you're selling anything, you can advertise in the Classifieds section, but NOT here - that includes offering your wheels to someone in a thread."
EndQuote

My memer name is mgb, and a guy named tonylop33 offered to sell me his wheels/tires, no price negotiation was done, the offer was apparently the problem.

I'm not po'd in any way, just wonder what you all think!

thanks,
RODEO :patriot

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need to add this, I just searched the rules, and it doesn't list this rule. I PM'd the moderator to explain where the rule is???

RODEO

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
robrecht said:
I can give you my opinion but I'd have to charge a consulting fee. PM me so that we can negotiate an appropriate amount.
OK, how much, PM sent :thumbs

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
Rodeo,
Maybe Troy can shed some light on the subject, I know is a different forum, but once the Solstice/SKY are available for sale we need to know what the rules are for this type of thing.
Can you PM the guy as we can do here?. If yes then I do not see any problems since is private. Also what does he mean by a Classified section, is there such a thing on that forum(Miata), including ours?.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I started to really feel bad... til I read your opening line!!! :lol

Whew! I thought "oh NO, Not Rodeo!!! There's no way he's a 'latent troll', is there? What DID I do wrong?!?"

Experienced that "ohnosecond" there before the page opened up...

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
solsticeman said:
I started to really feel bad... til I read your opening line!!! :lol

Whew! I thought "oh NO, Not Rodeo!!! There's no way he's a 'latent troll', is there? What DID I do wrong?!?"

Experienced that "ohnosecond" there before the page opened up...
LOVE IT, BAHHAHA....HAHAAHAHAHAH....AHAHAAAAAAAA :glol Changed my avatar temporarily just for you :lol

But no comment S-Man? I thought for sure you and Troy would be the best to hear from on this one?

LatinVenom said:
Rodeo,
Maybe Troy can shed some light on the subject, I know is a different forum, but once the Solstice/SKY are available for sale we need to know what the rules are for this type of thing.
Can you PM the guy as we can do here?. If yes then I do not see any problems since is private. Also what does he mean by a Classified section, is there such a thing on that forum(Miata), including ours?.
The moderator says there is supposed to a a classified section as I read it, but I can't find it, nor can I find that rule, bizzare!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robrecht, a ride in the MSM, eh, catch me if you can ;-) I'll clean my inbox, try again please!

RODEO

p.s. now that S-Man checked in, it's time to start the real/secret purpose of the thread.........
S-Man @#%$^&!!!! ;)

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
robrecht said:
I can give you my opinion but I'd have to charge a consulting fee. PM me so that we can negotiate an appropriate amount.
Hey, no barter - trades - want ads - or solicitations allowed, read the rules or BE BANISHED from our perfect forum........Bahhahahaa.......robrecht filled me in on the joke here..........I'm a bit slow......except when I'm on the road :jester

·
Registered
161 Posts
RODEO said:
<snip>The moderator says there is supposed to a a classified section as I read it, but I can't find it, nor can I find that rule, bizzare!<snip>

This is probably NOT what you mean :jester , but just in case...

On the miata forum, if you scroll all the way to the bottom are buttons that take you to other sections. One of those buttons is for the 'classifieds'.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
dls6774 said:
RODEO said:
<snip>The moderator says there is supposed to a a classified section as I read it, but I can't find it, nor can I find that rule, bizzare!<snip>
This is probably NOT what you mean :jester , but just in case...

On the miata forum, if you scroll all the way to the bottom are buttons that take you to other sections. One of those buttons is for the 'classifieds'.
That's it, classified link found, thanks. The miata forum is a beast, you should all go have a look. they have like 40 main threads on the home page, and around a million post by my quick count.

I still don't understand why you "CAN'T" say, "hey dude, I'll sell you my tires" without getting in trouble. Doesn't make sense. Furthermore, once the guy said that to me we took the convesation to email, price was never discussed. I'm just looking to understand..........but maybe it will never make sense........just one of those things....no big deal

By the way, the guy did sell me his wheels and tires, 4 OEMs with 2500 miles, jeez.. those wheels are $370 each new at the very best price, $460 each at my dealer, the tires are $105 each:

so a full set of four at $650.... WWWWOOOOWWW, way good deal, worth getting in trouble for! we traded using ebay "buy now". And, he described them as in perfect condition!!! I needed one as I damaged one, but now I've got 3 extra backups for the hold-me-over! :cheers

OOPS, sorry if i broke any rules of this forum discussing prices and trades :jester

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Think I figured out part of the mystery, correct me if I see this incorrectly.

the "classified section" is a pay for service, it states:
When your items are sold, the charge for your ad will be 10% of the sale price up to a maximum of (US)$50. (See exception below for Parting out Miatas.) For example, if you sell your set of wheels for (US)$250, the cost for helping you sell your wheels is (US)$25. If you sell your hardtop for (US)$1000, the cost would be (US)$50

so, if that profit goes to miata forum, I can see why they BARK when anyone posts a "I'll sell you mine" .... INTERESTING. I think I just developed the Solstice Classifieds on my server, anyone want to sell anything :jester

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mceb said:
Rodeo, interesting new avatar?
that's for S-Man, see his post above :jester

it's only a temp one!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
RODEO said:
Think I figured out part of the mystery, correct me if I see this incorrectly.

the "classified section" is a pay for service, it states:
When your items are sold, the charge for your ad will be 10% of the sale price up to a maximum of (US)$50. (See exception below for Parting out Miatas.) For example, if you sell your set of wheels for (US)$250, the cost for helping you sell your wheels is (US)$25. If you sell your hardtop for (US)$1000, the cost would be (US)$50

so, if that profit goes to miata forum, I can see why they BARK when anyone posts a "I'll sell you mine" .... INTERESTING. I think I just developed the Solstice Classifieds on my server, anyone want to sell anything :jester
Yup, there's your answer. Just email the guy outside the forums, because they're probably watching your PM's now to make sure you don't make a sale outside their system.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
brentil said:
Yup, there's your answer. Just email the guy outside the forums, because they're probably watching your PM's now to make sure you don't make a sale outside their system.
Yeah, I got wise! Now I use the folowing on the bottom of my posts so people can contact me directly, I'd hate to miss out on any good offers!

here is what I post on each post:

Reminder:
Miata Forum Rules: no bartering, selling, trading, posting "wanted"
So, Email me: [email protected]

Can the moderators bash me for that???

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
RODEO said:
Yeah, I got wise! Now I use the folowing on the bottom of my posts so people can contact me directly, I'd hate to miss out on any good offers!

here is what I post on each post:

Reminder:
Miata Forum Rules: no bartering, selling, trading, posting "wanted"
So, Email me: [email protected]

Can the moderators bash me for that???
yep, they'll prolly ban ya for that one! Keep us posted on the results :lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
You can post for sale items and wanted items for free on any of my sites. That even includes my Corvette classifieds site.

We try to keep the new threads about items for sale or wanted in the for sale/wanted sections in the forums. If it comes up in a thread though in another section you can certainly respond!

The classifieds are obviously a profit center for them. I believe in offering all of the basics for free. That's the heart of the community. Some extras I may keep for supporting members or supporting vendors. For example, on Corvetteforum I don't have attachments turned on for regular members. The bandwidth would kill me because of the level of traffic to the site. I may offer it to premium members in the near future there though. That way they pay for the extra bandwidth while nobody else loses a thing that they have today.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts