Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these models on eBay for about $500 so I am hoping it is not a scam. The model is supposedly of a Ferrari engine, but it is similar to a Solstice/Sky engine in that it is an inline four with dual overhead cams. I have not idea if it has any other features in common like a balance shaft or integral water and oil pumps. It should be fun to build. Or it could be a scam. I'll keep you posted.

16011905561-600x600.png

·
Registered
571 Posts
After doing some quick Googling that is a $450.00 + Kit. So I would also vote that it is a scam. Hard to believe they could offer it at that price. I could see them having a limited quantity say 10 or so they bought at a going out of buisness auction. But other than that I say scam.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
I have to wonder what Ferrari they are talking about. The only 4 cylinder Ferraris I am aware of were the Lampredi engines in the 1950s - they are among the best sounding I-4s I've heard - there were a few running when I was racing at Laguna back in the early 80s.

That engine model looks nothing like them.....

If someone bites and orders one, do let us know what the result is.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
735 Posts
399 on bangood site. they also have v8. and many that really run.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ive been machining and building racing engines for most my life, I suppose these could be of some help to some to get the basic understanding of whats going on instead of I think my hampster has died.but still this is so far away from whats really going on in there. it would also make a nice desk thingy. I prefer to put my $ into the real engine....as I have done for...too long.well almost too long.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a reply that it has shipped, from China as expected. Shipping company confirms that the package has been picked up. I'm guessing 3 -4 weeks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Good Luck, maybee it is a knockoff but I hope it works out for you. The last time I thought I was getting a deal on a tool I had been trying to get for years (out of production) I found a site that said they had a few new old stock, I didn't notice it was shipping from China. It shipped with a tracking number, took 4 months to get to my house, and when I opened the box it was a perfume atomizer, not even close to what I ordered. I complained and they said I had 90 days from the date of the order to return it.

I hope you have a better experiance

Reactions: stevebot39

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
735 Posts
lettus know if you ever get it.and if it is what it is shown to be. for that price if it is it's a good deal.( of coarse I would have to remachine every piece of it before using it)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts