Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all....wow what change the forum,I haven't been on here in a while........looks great and more up to date.

Ok, now its time to bring the car out BUT,.....I put the tires back on 'cause I removed them for the winter and brought them inside. T. I put the tires back on but rotated from the last spot. My RKE will not open or close anything and the TPMS on the DIC will not pick up any TPM locations . I need the RKE work in order to relearn the tire location with my CUB scanner. I tried new batteries in the remote but still won't do anything, maybe the new batteries are crap but with the RKE not working.

Does it prevent the Car from picking up the tire locations ?

Will disconnecting the car battery cause me any issues,,the car has a factory stage ll ?

NOTE : everything worked fine in the fall.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Both the key fob and the tire transponders communicate through the same unit, which is located behind the panel behind the seats. The name of the unit is escaping me right now.

Chances are, since neither is working, that is the part that has gone bad.

Sorry

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well doesn't that suck :cuss: and now that I recall at some point I may have gone too long without keeping a charge on the battery when it was sitting and had gone dead or close to it. The winter before I had a battery tender on it and no problem.

Thanks for the quick reply guys....:bow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts