Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Here are the R&I instructions from the service manual.

this is worth a chuckle and shows you how back asswards GM is. In the service manual there is a warning about not using any kind of fix-a-flat type of stuff yet the Solstice comes with a compressor as a spare tire and attached to that compressor is... you guessed it, fix-a-flat

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
When installing the sensors it is really easy to pinch the o-rings, so tell whoever is doing it to make sure they are careful. Vaseline will help greatly allowing the o-ring to slide into place properly.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Ok I have had my tpms’ installed and have tried to reset using my key fob but on pressing both the lock and unlock buttons cannot get the horn to chirp to start the process :(. Any ideas please. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,754 Posts
Ok I have had my tpms’ installed and have tried to reset using my key fob but on pressing both the lock and unlock buttons cannot get the horn to chirp to start the process :(. Any ideas please. Thanks
Unfortunately the only idea that I have is to find a mechanic that works on GM vehicles and use their scanning tool (Tech 2) to start the process.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Unfortunately the only idea that I have is to find a mechanic that works on GM vehicles and use their scanning tool (Tech 2) to start the process.
That is a tad tricky here in the UK :(

·
Super Moderator
7,754 Posts
That is a tad tricky here in the UK :(
Understood. What about Saab? Early 2000s Saabs used GM power train, and I have been on Saab forums with guys that use the Tech2. I am fairly certain that some of them were in the UK.

·
Registered
462 Posts
There should also be directions about how to do it from the DIC (Driver Information Center).

I am going to ask the dumb question here. The remotes do work on the vehicle yes??

Also I believe you stated your car is a 2008. You may have the issue with the RCDLR in the car. You will need to have it reprogrammed. You are going to have to find a shop that has tech2 and also has the subscription to GMs software. There is an issue with the 2008's with the software on that module getting all messed up if the battery dies or gets changed in the vehicle. It can cause the remotes to stop working, the TPMS system to stop working, or both.

When the TPMS stops working it displays dashes for tire pressure on the DIC, and the system is not able to be put into programming mode.

If you are able to wait a few days there are a couple of people I can ask to see if they know of a place in the UK that would be able to fix it.

The other option is you can spend 300.00 USD and buy a tech2 clone, pay for one months subscription to GMs service and write new firmware to the thing yourself.

It is fixable it all depends on your finances and also what kind of time you have to get it done in.

You can also try this. Disconnect the battery in the car,, both positive and negative. unplug the RCDLR. Touch the positive battery cable to the negative battery cable. Then reattach the positive cable and then the negative. The car is going to rescan all of the modules in the vehicle to see what is installed. With any luck the cars computer is going to think the keyless and TPMS systems are simply not installed in the vehicle and the light will not illuminate because it thinks those options were not installed.

I have had luck doing this with GM SUV's and deleting the air suspension system.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Found a dealer that can do my outstanding recalls and do a reflash so hopefully can sort the tpms’ out :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts